Fri, May 06, 2011 | 20:02 BST
Friday Shorts afternoon edition: Prototype 2, SWTOR, science, Rock Band, DiRT 3 shots
The weekend is almost here – at least in the US. You UK folks are already drinking cider, and the like. Instead of pouting and throwing ourselves to the floor in a bitter fit, we’ll be nice as post some small news bits.
- Prototype 2 wants to wish you a happy, creepy, borderline freaky Mother’s Day. Rosemary’s Baby anyone? No? Alright then.
- Janco Partners analyst Mike Hickey thinks a Mass Effect MMO would be more lucrative than SWTOR.
- Sequence is out on Xbox Live Arcade, and it has the weirdest damn trailer, ever.
- Foo Fighters, Finnish metal lords Lordi, and Run DMC are hitting Rock Band 3 next week.
- Gamespot has nine new shots of DiRT 3 for your viewing pleasure posted.
- A developer post on the SWTOR site discusses the codex user interface, where players can look over stories and items found as well as progress made towards finding other game items and information.
- OnLive has Dark Void on sale for $5.
- Dr. Simon Goodson said psychologists can’t find a link between aggression and violent games because it doesn’t exist. Hooray for science.
- There’s a game coming to Japan from producer Kenichiro Takaki called Gargantuan Breast. We think. We’re too dumbfounded to be sure, honestly.
- Sanctum is getting a free map next week.