AC: Revelations announced for November 2011 launch

Thursday, 5th May 2011 17:07 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft’s announced Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, the final part of the Ezio trilogy, will launch in November for PS3, 360 and PC, with a “refined” multiplayer also to make a return.

The game, being mainly made in Ubisoft Montreal, will see Ezio’s story – which first began in Assassin’s Creed II – come to a conclusion.

Ezio will follow the “footsteps of his legendary mentor” Altair, with a journey to Constantinople, the “heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.”

A “refined and expanded” multiplayer, which made its debut in last year’s Brotherhood, will also return.

Game Informer has the game on its front cover for its June issue, confirming that both Altair and Ezio, as well as Desmond in the current day, are all playable in some form in the game.

“Delivering the final chapter of the Ezio trilogy is an important milestone in the Assassin’s Creed franchise for us and for our fans,” said Ubisoft Montreal creative director, Alexandre Amancio.

“Assassin’s Creed Revelations includes lots of new features and some significant surprises. We can’t wait to show our fans what we have in store at E3 this year.”

First shot of the game is below.

1. Hunam

More Ezio? Really? *sigh*

2. Noodlemanny

I wonder how long that release dates going to last… Ezio trilogy… Hm bad move, at least it says its the ‘final chapter of the Ezio trilogy’. It also looks to be a full Asscreed game not A PSP2/3DS game, as I though it would be.

3. Maximum Payne

Aaaa now its EZIO trilogy.Smart move for marketing bad move for gamers…

4. SuperCrazyLeprechaun

I like Ezio and all but i was kinda hoping to see a new character this time around.

5. Hunam

I was hoping it was a movie to be honest.

6. Noodlemanny

@SuperCrazyLeprechaun My thoughts exactly.

7. Schindet Nemo

What happened to the french revolution setting?

8. SuperCrazyLeprechaun

A movie would be good i suppose.still i thought they tied up Ezios story arc pretty well in acb

9. YoungZer0

Fuck Ezio. Seriously, fuck him right into his ear. I don’t care for that guy. Making Altair playable however, might get me interested again.

However, this better be the last time i have to play Ezio.

10. Yoshi

So let me get this right.

Assassin’s Creed
    Assassin’s Creed 2 -> Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood -> Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
    Assassin’s Creed 3

Oh my, how confusing XD

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Oooooohhhhhhh so they’ve added smoke to chimneys now……..I see what’s different……..

give me a fucking break. Brotherhood was pushing it……..this is ridiculous.

Let me guess, it’ll have a primarily white cover art looking exactly like the first 3 as well? SOOO surprising Ubisoft. Do something fucking different already you money grubbing cocks.

12. distraet

This is going a bit too far, innit.

13. yungsway

I wasn’t looking forward to this. However, that does not mean I’m not going to play it.

14. Noodlemanny

That’s not very nice YoungZero you hurt Ezio’s feelings not to mention Ubisoft’s.
    It does again look to be Italy from that still. O-O

15. EscoBlades

Cry moar.

16. Gheritt White

THIS IS *BULLSHIT*!!

Still D1P though…

17. Nozz

More Ezio? ahh dayum!

Oh well I guess that explains **SPOILER** when Desmond saw visions of an older Ezio go back to the Mansion in AC:B **SPOILER OVER**

That bothered me as to why that wasn’t explained.. Guess we know now.

18. Dralen

Milked!

19. Edo

We all know that PC version wont be coming out this year…

20. Maximum Payne

”Assassin’s Creed Revelations includes lots of new features and some significant surprises”
    Difficulty settings for start!
    @18 True :(

21. Kyzzz

I really dont care if you are still Ezio
    as long as its Assassins Creed its awesome
    already cant wait :D

22. Hunam

Doesn’t really matter to be honest. The way the guards work in AC2 and ACB was mostly broken, so much so that in ACB they had to make missions detected = failure to have some semblance of challenge. At least in AC1 the guards would just get in the way meaning you had to be stealthy or they be a constant pain. But no AC game will ever be hard.

23. YoungZer0

At least his costumes seem to look better, always hated the original one. And is that a gray beard i’m seeing?

Doesn’t matter, he-e will-e be-e still talking-e like-e this-e.

24. Frank17

thank god this is the last one. wish they would put some time into making a great splinter cell game other than this stupid crap. not a fan of series. 1st game was so dam repetative. 2nd was less repetative. 3rd sucked cuz they added multiplayer that took away from the series. now the 4th one!! thank god finish it up so u can STOP MAKING THEM

25. KrazyKraut

Which seat can I take?

26. Erthazus

Who gives a shit after Brotherhood? Such a cheap way to make a game.

27. Hunam

@22 Erm, the MP was actually very good. Suited the series very well.

28. loki

AC’s sales fale on PC, AC2′s sales fale on PC, AC BH’s sales fale on PC, Revelations and again PC, Ubisoft so stupid

29. ManuOtaku

Hunam is right the multiplayer was top notch, it was very different from others Multiplayer games, first person shooters iam looking at you, and for that alones it was a great game in my book.

30. Nozz

@27 +1 to that

31. Edo

#26 Nice try.

32. Gekidami

True, it did suit the game. Still doesnt change much to the fact that it got old real fast. To put it simply, it was boring.

33. Hunam

I thought it was excellent. It was a change from normal run and gun must have action every 12 seconds of FPS and RTS games. It was about tension and tactics and savouring the kill for the right time.

My only problem is no one is playing it on the PC version.

34. Alakratt

Ezio AGAIN? Since Patrice left they’ve really gone downhill with the AC franchise.

35. albo88

fuck Turks Constantinople for life

36. Len

Defo not up for this, acII was enough in fact.

Just get on with the 3rd and I might come back…

37. Frank17

STOP MAKING THESE GAMES!!!

38. Rosseu

At first I thought AC series would just be a trilogy. wtf is this? How old is Ezio in this game 80? As much as I loved AC2, AC2 brotherhood was, I agree with erth, kind of cheap. Sure it had good improvements over AC2. But that’s all. I’m kind of tired of playing as Ezio.

39. YoungZer0

@26: You mean fail. As in “loki is full of fail.”

@30: Agreed. Most of the time it depend on the people you were playing with. Actually All the time. I remember not being able to enjoy the game because every fucking idiot started sprinting like a moron and never stopped.

40. Gekidami

^ Yeah, everyone just sprints around in the end, chaining lower scoring kills. The whole element of walking through the crowds trying to be stealth when out the window straight away.

41. AHA-Lambda

well at least its not JUSt ezio and they’re mixing it up a BIT.

Makes me cautious for this series future however ;_;

42. Tizzo86

everybody I need help with AC2 …I need help with the dallas tx archive file??

it gives me 6=1 was a hint for me to line up da numbers on da wheel which i did…but wats the 3 digit code under 867 …if anybody knows please help

43. onlineatron

As much as I really don’t want to play more Ezio, and Altair, set in similar time periods: I am glad that this will pave the way for – what I assume will be called – ‘Assassin’s Creed 3′ to bring brand new characters and a drastically different setting (perhaps it will be exclusively Desmond?)

44. Frank17

#40 noone cares AC2 SUCKS like the other ones. go to a achievement website or something
    #37 i agree

45. Tizzo86

#42 i didnt ask if any1 cared….jus wanted to kno if any one remember the code because i cant seem to find it…..i stop playin da game a long time ago but being that the PSN is still down ima jus play dis AC2

46. Gekidami

Guides are pretty easy to find…

47. onlineatron

Check YouTube, there are a ton of guides for ‘The Truth’ files.

48. Tizzo86

thanks ima go check it out

49. razzraziel

@33 lmfao butthurt.jpg

Google Earth here: http://i.imgur.com/BLCCi.png

50. onlineatron

Obligatory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vankaSlfSr0

51. tigersaman

agreed with @21
    however i will buy and play it 2.its AC and ubisoft montreal and they are realy good couples.

52. Hunam

I’ll no doubt get the game, but I’m not paying anything over a tenner for it.

53. yungsway

@41 That would be cool. But I’m sure that we both know that won’t happen unfortunately.

54. hitnrun

AC1 was my favorite, I thought AC2 had too many distractions but I can see why it’s most people’s favorite.

I didn’t even get more than 5 hours into AC:B (not counting the 10+ hours of multiplayer). No way am I buying this one. Even Hunam’s^ price is too high if the stipulation is I have to keep pace with these increasingly ridiculous plots each and every year.

55. strikkebil

brotherhood was a good game but the story was nowhere near AC2. hopefully revelations will move the franchise forward.

56. Moonwalker1982

AC1 was horrible compared to 2. When AC1 came out i was impressed by the visuals and the freedom and being able to climb on practically anything. Then i started to play story missions and after a few i was wondering when something new was gonna happen, some variety.NONE of that in AC1, plenty of that in AC2.

57. Blerk

Hmm. I’m getting a general ‘overkill’ feeling. Couldn’t they have had a year off?

58. yungsway

I wonder if I’ll get some sort of assassin bonus for having all of my assassin’s levels to the max in Brotherhood. That would be dope.

59. Christopher Jack

I don’t mind yearly sequels as long as they add some variety (Like MP in Brotherhood) & manage to keep the quality up. As soon as meta scores drop below 80 & sales have decreased, it’s time to reevaluate your plans.

60. Shonak

Okay, so AC was originally planed as trilogy and now they just insert a Ezio trilogy between AC and AC3. Because we all love Ezio so much and everybody buys it every year and in fact Ubisoft can really get the fuck out of this shithole and present us something new. Obviously a no brainer no buy.

61. viralshag

Assassin’s Wank: Wankelations

Ubisoft you sly dog, you snuck in a trilogy within my trilogy. Why couldn’t you have just delivered a solid franchise like most people were hoping. I mean, I’m not dead set on trilogies, I don’t mind if you go four or five games into a franchise if they are really that good.

But you, Ubisoft, you sly money milking ass, seem to be purposely trying to ruin this great franchise with yearly releases of what seems to be the same game!

The one thing I was hoping from AC was a variety of time lines that would get explored. An adventure through time if you want to be cheesy. And I saw that greatness in AC1 and AC2, AC:B was pushing it a bit but this really is a great big cheesy dick slap to the face.

Please sort it out.

62. badboy_122

who said that AC series was planed to be a trilogy .. ubisoft never said that dude.

63. viralshag

@ badboy_122

Wikipedia:

“Patrice Désilets, former series’ creative director, said that the series has always been planned as a trilogy.”

Might be wrong but for argument sake.

64. onlineatron

Mr. Désilets left the team last year: I wonder how much it has to do with Ubisoft’s plan for the series?

65. viralshag

@ 61

Well exactly. I mean I’m pretty sure back in the day of AC1 it was said to be a trilogy. I think now that they see the “potential” of the franchise they plan to do it a “little” differently.

I only linked that because I was pretty sure they did say it was going to be a trilogy unlike what #59 said.

I still think AC is a great story but the way they are going about telling it is more along the lines of turning it into a cash cow.

66. badboy_122

@viralshag

my mistake !!

but I think after seeing the success of the franchise , UBI will create more parts of the story & to be honest they’ve a lot of historical events they could go to ..

anyway we’ll c soon enough ;)

67. viralshag

@ badboy_122,

Very true. I don’t even know why I’m complaining really. I think it was initial shock. I still love AC and it’s highly doubtful I would miss this one either haha.

I would be fine if they balance the game more in favour of time with Desmond and Altair, more so for Desmond though.

68. ymeisnot

@24… They did the exact same thing to Splinter Cell, and now it’s Assassin’s Creed’s turn.

69. ymeisnot

I want to clear some things up. Looking at the comments, I saw that people keep calling it Assassins Creed Brotherhood a game! It was not a game in and of its self, but more of a DLC, that came in a box. This is just to keep the people entertained, until they actually make a third game!

p.s. Revelations is just another add on, like Brotherhood.