Tue, May 03, 2011 | 14:22 BST
Saints Row: Drive-by listed on resume as canceled for PSN and XBL
It looks as though Saints Row: Drive-by has been canceled, at least on the PSN and XBL end, according to a Linked-in profile for the game’s creative manager.
Per the online resume of Scott Rogers (found by MeriStation), creative manager for THQ’s Core Games, Digital Games Group and Kids and Family Groups divisions, the game’s listed as being canceled for PSN and XBL – but doesn’t mention the 3DS version revealed by Nintendo last year at E3.
The resume doesn’t mention when the game was canceled, if the cancellation had anything to do with recent Volition lay-offs, or when production started on the downloadable title, but Rogers lists two other unannounced titles to be released on the services, as well as one he is working on for iPad.
Back at GDC in March 2010, THQ said it planned on releasing “up to six” downloadable titles, some based on the publisher’s biggest IP which were to be released “within the next year.” Danny Bilson, THQ’s EVP of core games, told Joystiq at the event the firm would be “very aggressive” in bringing its titles to PSN, XBL and PC, and was “building stuff on,” some of the “core brands.”
We’ll send a mail and ask, but it should be noted that THQ has scheduled a call to investors tonight after the release of its FY11 Q4 and year end results, so Saints Row: Drive-by might get a mention. Until then, just keep it in your mind as a unverified for the moment.