Red Faction video details series’ history

Tuesday, 3rd May 2011 10:50 GMT By Johnny Cullen

THQ’s released a video of the Red Faction series as a whole, detailing its entire history. If you’re a newbie to RF and its Mars escapades, now’s the time to catch up. Then watch the trailer for TV spin-off Origins afterwards. Catch the clip over at Joystiq. The newest game in the series, Armageddon, launches on June 7 in the US and June 10 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. RandomTiger

Shame a gaming website already spoilt the plot of this for me about 6 months ago. They are really pushing the Red Faction franchise at the moment.

2. Moonwalker1982

I played the demo and was expecting something awesome, but i don’t know…something is missing. It’s only a demo though and very short, but i just hope we won’t only be fighting creatures now, but judging by the trailer that plays after finishing it, it certainly seems the main enemy will be creatures and only a few human enemies.

I also feel they didn’t choose the right level for the demo, but we’ll see.

3. daytripper

wasnt that impressed, seems more like dead space/resi 4 now

4. Blerk

I didn’t even realise it was available yet. Going to give that a whirl tonight.

5. Moonwalker1982

Yeah it does indeed feel like Dead Space, but with destruction. The trailer that plays after the demo looks very nice though. There seem to be human enemies but also some robotic stuff, i really think this demo doesn’t do the game justice.

I loved Guerilla, and i have faith in this one, i just hope the creatures won’t ruin the game.

6. daytripper

i really liked guerilla multiplayer, was funny throwing that warp bomb into a building and seeing people being sucked in and the building collapse on top of them. got to talk to some cool people too.:D

7. DaMan

Ashamed to say i haven’t played the Guerilla one, is it really that good of a sandbox game like I keep hearing.

8. Blerk

It’s alright. I didn’t seem to enjoy it nearly as much as some people did.

9. RandomTiger

@7 Guerilla was a solid game but awesome fun if you like to destroy things dynamically.

10. DaMan

I just don’t know if I should get that one, best sandbox games were Mercs and Just Cause 2 I thought, I ‘m not sure if the game is more of that type of entertainment or about impressive destructible environments.