Black Ops Escalation pack launches on Xbox Live

Tuesday, 3rd May 2011 10:12 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Treyarch’s confirmed that the second map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops, Escalation, has launched on Xbox Live.

Said community boss Josh Olin in a tweet: “That’s it folks. Downloading #Escalation right now on my Xbox 360. It may take time to hit your territory, but… It’s here!”

The pack weighs in at just under a gig – 986.42Mb, to be exact. It’s now available from the console marketplace as well as Xbox.com. You can queue it up here.

The Escalation pack includes four new maps – Hotel, Convoy, Zoo and Stockpile – as well as zombie environment Call of the Dead.

The DLC launches first on Xbox Live as part of a three-year agreement on all Call of Duty DLC between Activision and Microsoft.

1. Kyle Wrigley

2. Johnny Cullen

It’s up on the UK marketplace now on the console and Xbox.com. Just bought it myself.

3. Blerk

Ridiculous pricing is ridiculous. Film at 11.

4. Ge0force

@Blerk: ²

5. drewbles82

Wish they would do map packs like GH/RB tracks and let you export them even at a price.
    A lot of people will buy these map packs but then the next game comes out and not many eva go back then, those map packs dont even get a years worth of use.
    I got the three map packs for WAW and non of my m8s eva play it since mw2 and blackops, waste of money.

Thats why i think whenever they do a new game like WAW – Blackops and MW1 – MW2, pay a fee like u do with Rock band and export all the maps.
    Maybe then id actually consider buying a map pack.

6. frostquake

Too Pricey, will wait till the GOTY comes out.

7. OlderGamer

#5

The thing is, Acti want it just the way it is. the 15usd map packs are a lot like online Subscriptions. 60usd game, 3-5 map packs priced at 15 usd and spread out over 8months, then a new CoD comes out and it starts all over again.

60usd plus 15usd(x4) = 120usd /8months = 15usd/month to play CoD and keep up to date.

People keep looking for the CoD subscription plan w/o realizing it has been here all along.

8. guapo

I’ve never understood why people complain about the price of these maps. It’s only $15, I give my kids more $ for lunch in ONE DAY than what this map pack costs, and that’s not counting me or my wife. I couldn’t even buy a bag of weed with this $15. Stop complaining and stop being so damn cheap. And don’t tell me ” Oh it’s not the money, it’s the principle” yeah, the principle of being cheap. You couldn’t even go out for a drink with $15.

9. Ge0force

#8 “only 15$”? A full game on XBL or PSN costs less than 15$. I’ve never understood who wants to pay 15$ for a couple of maps. But I’ve been a pc-gamer for more than 10 years, used to hundreds of free community maps and mods where some are way better than the official ones. I’m just getting old I guess.

10. drewbles82

Thats very true. Still think tho, export options would make them even more money cuz there are a lot of people fed up of buying map packs, dont feel as if they get there moneys worth.

With an export feature, these people would then buy the map packs and the export key, im pretty sure a lot of people would buy an export key.

They wouldnt be losing anything, theyd be gaining.

I just wish the combat training on Blackops could be done offline, bit retarded to aim something like that at people who dont play multi-player to try and get them into it, when you have to be online and a gold member to use it. See people offline and silver members dont know what they are missing but give them combat training and they may wish to get on there sooner.

11. ColeAugustus

Black Ops: Escalation is awesome so far! A few minutes ago I came across a blog that’s giving out the Escalation DLC for free! I thought it was a scam until I saw the DLC code laying in my e-mail inbox. :D

I’m not sure if there’s any codes left, but if you want to give it a shot, here’s the site: