Rumor – Assassin’s Creed: Revelations leaked by mistake

Friday, 29th April 2011 19:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

It looks as though Ubisoft has possibly leaked the name of the next Assassin’s Creed game on Facebook, when a flash screen titled Assassin’s Creed: Revelations briefly popped before being taken down. It’s on Youtube now: watch it below.

While the “oops” has since been removed from Facebook, NeoGAF was quick as can be with the old print-screen button last night, and has posted the shots.

According to GAF, a Flash file containing the logo and Altaïr’s name in Arabic script popped up, and a post on the page states for folks to click the link to help reveal an “exclusive look at the upcoming Assassin’s Creed game.” According to GAF, the Flash files are still present on Ubisoft’s server.

Ubisoft said previously that the next Assassin’s Creed game was to be revealed in May, so it’s possible that someone just pushed the button a bit too soon on the old Facebook.

The next game in the series is expected to be released during the company’s FY2012.

Ubisoft announced its E3 press conference for June 6 yesterday, so after the initial reveal in May, expect the presser to be Assassin’s Creed-centirc.

Watch it, anyway.

1. onlineatron

No, no, no.

I hope it isn’t set during Altair’s time.

I loved AssCreed2, and AssCreedBro. I’m not sure if I can take any more thought, at least, not year.

2. TaTaTow

I think I know which game will be revealed in the next Game Informer…

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

If this 4th game is not AC3, and especially if it takes place in the same time period or simliar looking locations, I’m out.

4. AHA-Lambda

so its another spin off and not a proper AC3? i smell some CoD style milking goin on here and unfortunately for ubi i dont think AC will withstand it as long as CoD has.

5. Gekidami

^ Its Ubi, milking is what they do. This happening to AC was obvious.

6. datass

It’s clearly Egypt…awesome, can’t wait

7. onlineatron

Year after year releases of the Assassin’s Creed games is a foolish plan.

I spent 40hrs with Brotherhood, 40hrs with 2. That’s a lot of one game to play year in, year out.

I’m with Dr. Ghettoblaster: if it’s too similar to the others, I’m out.

8. AHA-Lambda

@7 – agreed. CoD can withstand it more imo. A 6 hour campaign with multiplayer is enough per year but a ~30 hour one with multiplayer every year? that’s alot and could burn people quickly.

I am saying this as a pretty big AC fan but I could see me waiting on this one and i even bought the AC2 black edition and AC Bro codex edition =/

@5 – its not unknown for them i admit but apart from AC this gen i dont recall them annualising any IPs. It seemed to happen more last gen with PoP and SC.
    Not too sure bout the other tom clancy stuff as i only keep up with SC from that lot.

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Completely agree. AC1 was good. AC2 was incredible. AC:B took me sometime to get into, but did get very good, but felt more like a BIG expansion pack.

SOOOO tired of the same looking cities, areas, and charcters. Mostly my favorite parts of Brotherhood were the areas that WEREN’T standard Rome (ie underground/lairs, inside buildings, Leo’s machine missions, etc).

I REALLY hope the next game is AC3, not another expansion, and is in a completely different looking time period.

10. hitnrun

Agreed. I played AC1 late but I liked it the most. AC2 took me a little while to get into, but it’s a 5/5 game. Now AC:B has been out for 6 months and I’m done with it, never having gotten more than a quarter through the game. It’s pretty unlikely that I (or anyone else who hasn’t finished ACB) is going to buy this year’s version.

EDIT: I should note that I spent 2/3rds of my considerable time with the game playing multiplayer. I wonder how that feature changes the math going forward…

11. onlineatron

@8 & 9

Agreed.
    I’m a massive Assassin’s fan as well; but, right now, I’m against the idea of playing more so soon.

Sticking with Ezio would be one thing, but going back to Altair’s time? That’s redonk!

Of course this is all speculation, but I think I’m in need of BIG changes: if not in gameplay, definitely setting.

12. Edo

I was seriously looking forward to see where(and when)will next installment take place,especially after Ezio was in the last two,I mean don’t get me wrong,both of those games were very good but enough is enough,and now they are going with Altaire again!?!?I seriously hope that this is not true.

13. yungsway

I was hoping to get to use Desmond and run around through the modern era. :(

14. onlineatron

Oh no, that would be awful! I really don’t like the Desmond character; I much prefer the period settings and the plots that take place in them.

15. bluffbluff03

I hope they are already working on Asassins Creed 3 … so that it can be released in 2012.

16. yungsway

@14 Yes I understand what you’re saying. You’re probably right. I was just looking forward to using a new assassin. Having him go through flashbacks that help him improve his skills. And have to adapt to the modern era. Would be fresh and fun in my opinion.

17. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Actually, to 13′s point, I always thought the finale should be in Desmond’s era and he could be running around in a futuristic city very dark and blade runner esque with tall skyscrapers still climbing all over the place (keep the gameplay mechanics mostly the same) but radically change the setting. I think that’d be damn cool if done right.

18. yungsway

@17 My point exactly. You just said it better. Thanks!!!

19. Erthazus

Assassins in Modern era? Are you on crack?

Go read history books or go outside. There is no assassins in our world.
    There is Main Intelligence Directorate only in most cases.
    Runing with knives and weapons in modern era is absolutely Stupid at best. Only chldren or 16-year old can wish for that.
    It’s not even fantasy, it’s stupid.

Just because Desmond jumped in the real world (Assassins Creed:BH) does not make him an assassin.

20. yungsway

@19 that’s because they’re called Hitmen. And anyways, this is a video game “Thought”. Not real life. Anything goes.

21. Erthazus

@20, thats why Hitman is a serial killer but he is not an ASSASSIN. There is a huge difference in this. Yes, you can call a serial killer “Assassin” but thats absolutely different to what game represents with gameplay and story.

Assassins age ends in 18 century.

22. HauntaVirus

This shit needs a break and a reboot. Assassin’s Creed 3 will be the next one I’ll even consider. Needs a new engine for sure too.

23. yungsway

In any case. I still think it would be fun to be Desmond in his ERA as the last installment. Regardless of what he would be considered. If not, why is he even in the game?

24. Erthazus

He is in the game to make player feel disoriented so he can understand that he have a much bigger role then just an Assassin.

Anyway. The last installment should be a third game in 18th century in France. Where is an era of Industrialisation.
    That was leaked in Brotherhood ending anyway.

Everything that is going to be in modern era is just a Hitman Rip Off.

25. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Your reply is literally ridiculous and leaves me speechless.

26. draknahr

@25 Completely agree.

27. Erthazus

@25, and your reply is full of off-topic and without any argument. So what?

28. onlineatron

Stop being ridiculous. Don’t you know the world of Assassin’s Creed is 100% historical FACT?!

29. yungsway

^^^^ LOL

30. Erthazus

@onlineatron, and it’s also following a history and one of the reasons why it is so interesting it’s because of the history events that are happening in the game.

You can’t just mess around with everything you want just because it can look cool for console players. There must be some logic.
    Assassins Creed in our world is Hitman or The Saboteur (in games).

31. onlineatron

I know.

What makes Assassin’s Creed great for me is how historically accurate it is. I remember, back when I was a little scamp, bounding my way through High School history classes, gleefully learning about the time an enclave of Assassin’s tracked and beat Pope Alexander VI in the Vatican; forcing him to give up his piece of Eden. I wallowed in tales of anachronistic prophecies and hidden world temples!

It would definitely be foolish to set the game in a modern, scientific city. Assassins don’t exist now. To play an ‘ASSASSIN’S Creed’ game without Assassins would be ruddy inconceivable.

32. Dr.Ghettoblaster

One things for certain, we can always count on Erthazus to bring the conversation down to a prepubescent, almost handicaped level.

33. spiderLAW

Revaltions? as in, the end?
    AC3?

34. Ireland Michael

Two things.

1) There’s a big empty patch of history in Altair’s life that is only vaguely filled out through text in the Codex’s in Ezio’s villa. That could easily be a story in itself.

You people realize this could easily be nothing more than some shitty iPhone game, right?

35. onlineatron

It could be hyperbole, but the language in the Facebook post implies it’s more than a mere iPhone side-step: ‘the day you have been waiting for has arrived!!!’ ‘…look at the upcoming Assassin’s Creed game!’

Also, whilst the gap in Altair’s life is interesting, it’s also a back step. We know what his life led to (hiding Pieces of Eden, armour etc) playing those events wouldn’t advance the plot.

A more cynical person would suggest that another Altair game would be easier to make in a years (and change?) dev cycle. They could just reuse assets from 1.

36. triggerhappy686

Dr.G owning Erths ass. Nice.

@ Michael – Ubi did say there would be a FULL AC game by the end of the year but perhaps its not on home consoles. 3DS???

Who knows. May starts on sunday so we will find out soon enough.

I wouldnt mind more Altair, plenty of interesting story there.

37. Ireland Michael

@35 @36 Even if it is a new console title, I don’t see the issue. There’s no reason it can’t be as expansive as Brotherhood was.

I expect we’ll probably see AC2 next year.

38. triggerhappy686

Yeh im all for more AC, if they can keep it as engaging as BH every year then im in.

39. onlineatron

I doubted Brotherhood, and was proven wrong… VERY wrong. I just worry that, given how much time I have committed to the AssCreed franchise over the past 2 years (80+), I’ll burn out on this year’s iteration. Especially if it’s set in familiar territory.

40. Dr.Ghettoblaster

^key words = “familiar territory”

I’m all for more AC as well, love the series, but we definitley need new and fresh territory.

41. Cozzy

@39 and @40 I wouldn’t mind being Altair again as long as it’s a different setting. The codex entries in AC2 talk about him going to other countries in his later life. He would also be able to use the double hidden blades as he designed them. I also think that the AC writers are so good the plot would still be epic. In AC2 it also showed that thing with Altair’s son. Maybe you’ll play as him instead.

Either way I’m sure it will be good! :)

42. Dr.Ghettoblaster

^Agreed.

*Side note*
    Anyone ever play the PSP version? I have it, just never got around to starting it up. Just curious.

43. onlineatron

A setting with Altair as an old man, training up his son, in a different part of the world would be good.

But do we really need another Assassin’s game that starts with a bunch of tutorial? Nobody is going to try and jump into the story with this new game, it’s too convoluted for that. No, the new game will be for existing fans of the franchise; fans who have already played through three games that start slow to introduce the games mechanics.

It doesn’t make sense story wise neither. Desmond has had three games to learn all he needs, moves wise, from Altair and Ezio; he’s pretty damn nifty with his acrobatics. The ONLY reason to be in the Animus now is to find the Pieces of Eden.

That’s if he even has an Animus after the ending of Brotherhood:

*SPOILERS*

Given that Desmond stabbed (be it willingly, or not) Lucy; will the group allow him to continue on with them?

Will we be playing as Desmond at all?

The black screen monologue at the end of Brotherhood made it seem like their was someone else in another Animus, as Ezio (hence why you can go back into the game after completion).

My favourite, insane theory is that future Desmond is in the Animus, revisiting current/past Desmond, who is in the Animus revisiting Ezio :D

44. Patrick Garratt

I’ve added the video in. It made it to Youtube.

45. Crab of Thunder

I loved AC2 but i bought AC:B and only got half way-ish, its just so similar to AC2, the environment, the controls etc. so i got bored rather quickly. Did enjoy Leo’s machines though. An assassins creed every year is not a good thing imo.

46. onefivefive

I think what the majority of us want is Assassin’s Creed III, new setting, main character and continuation of Desmond’s story. I have a feeling this is not that.

47. Edo

#46 Exactly.

48. AHA-Lambda

The teaser is back up on facebook guys. Seems very similar to the BF3 facebook thing.

49. KwMx

i’m from SA

and whats written is الطائر بن الأحد

even thought they miss spelled it

it means ” altair Bn alhad “.

So yeah

50. iOrly

@KwMx,
    Nice one, but they didn’t misspell it ;)
    You can see the “hidden” alef.

@All English speakers, I have this for you (credits to KwMx because I wouldn’t have bothered to check the video without his notice :P):

51. KwMx

@iOrly yep thats what they did … in arabic we write from right to left the wrote it from left to right that why it got like دح ا ال بن رئ ا ط ل ا

but if u write it in arabic its like i said it b4

but if u were right and it was altair bin la ahed

then it mean altair the son of no one :)

52. KwMx

@iOrly BTW nice observation with the video ur nore was really gr8 ;)