Hulu Plus is free for a week on Xbox 360 thanks to Sasquatch

Thursday, 28th April 2011 18:38 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Hulu Plus is coming to Xbox Live tomorrow, and in celebration, Jack Link’s Beef Jerky will be sponsoring the service through May 6.

What this means to you, is that all XBL members, whether they be Silver or Gold, will be able to use the service for an entire week free of charge.

Makes you want to mess with Sasquatch even more, doesn’t it?

Get more information from The Major.

1. Ercarret

… except, it’s only for American Xbox 360 owners, am I right?

I would prefer if you included region specific details like that. I don’t fault you for not doing so (since Major Nelson himself didn’t mention anything about it), but it can be frustrating as hell trying to figure out what new service is actually coming to a specific country (Sweden, in my case) as a regular reader. If MS don’t mention it themselves, please ask them about it. Their perception of “all Xbox 360 owners” don’t tend to include me (or Europeans in general). :/

2. Stephany Nunneley

Sorry but I figured since you all were already aware plans for the UK and Europe were on hold due to Hulu and local broadcasting services still in a dispute over advertising revenue, I just figured I would be being redundant stating as much.

3. Ercarret

I wasn’t. :D

I was, however, aware that the base Hulu service is not available here, so I wasn’t surprised. As I said (or tried to say), there’s nothing wrong with this article per se – my request was more of a general nature. Microsoft tend to say “all Xbox 360 owners” whether or not that is actually the case outside of the US.

4. Stephany Nunneley

I thought The Major was rather good at that until he changed the blog.

And sorry about you not knowing about the former. I remember when XBL was in talks to bring BBC shows to the console back in 2008. I was wishing we would get the service here as well, and it was one I would have gladly paid for. :)

5. bluffbluff03

What?! I totally missed that. So is it US or UK or both?

6. Freek

No just the US.
    European broadcasters would prefer it if you continue to download TV shows illegaly rather then go through a conventient legal alternative like Hulu.