Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D opening posted online

Tuesday, 26th April 2011 11:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

VGB‘s posted online the opening the 3D edition of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for 3DS. It’s still the same one from previous versions, with Link riding Epona through Hyrule Field. Only it’s in 3D this time. Neat. Watch it below.

Game’s out on June 17 in the UK.

1. Tallon 4

Ah…sweet memories :)

2. Gekidami

It definitely looks sharper then the N64 version, or at least what i remember of the N64 version…

3. orakaa

Don’t get me wrong : Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games of all time… but full price for a 13 years old game ? At 15 or 20 bucks, I’d understand, but here…

What are they going to (re)release next ? Mario 64 ? AGAIN ???
    If I want to play N64 games, I’ll take it out of the closet and plug it on my TV (no need to pay a full price retail game for something I already own and is already more than a decade old)

4. Tallon 4

@ 3: True. I hope that Sony, Microsoft en Nintendo reconsider their software prices. Ios and prices for software on Android devices are way cheaper.

I know, the games on Ios and Android may not be titles like Zelda, but the difference between games on Ipad/Iphone/ Android phones and other mobile devices like 3DS/NGP/PSP are getting quite ridiculous.

5. LOLshock94

its a fucking remake you god damn retards the fighting is different and the movement is more smoother

6. DigitalEnemy

@ 5 calm down mate.

@ 3 its not just a straight port though is it, its been full remastered with new textures, better frame rate etc. OK, its a 13year old game, but its one of the greatest games ever made, and i cannot wait to get this DAY ONE.

7. Tallon 4

@5: it’s still the same game Sherlock :)

8. LOLshock94

so is having a HD remakes…

9. orakaa

@ LOLShock94 : It’s funny to be called a “retard” by a kid who’s willing to buy the EXACT same games they already own (and at full retail price each time).

FYI, Nintendo (and Sony and Microsoft as well) already did this with the Wii (relaunching Gamecube games), and DS ports (like Mario 64, for which the only difference with the original game was the crappy touch controls, despite all the “little changes” promised by Nintendo).

P.S. : if you want people to take your comments seriously, maybe you could try to avoid insulting them in the first place

10. Tallon 4

@ 8:
    I don’t pay full price for a HD remake.
    If you paid the full price, then who are you calling a retard?

11. Dannybuoy

While it does look a bit smoother than the N64 version, I’d love to see a proper HD remake of this. It’ll never happen but hey. When they do I’ll be buying a Nintendo console again.

12. Zurtech

Tis a remake of one of the best adventure games of all time. not just with 3D visuals and added features, but also includes the Master Quest which was only available in Japan or on the Zelda Collection from the Stars Catalogue for a short period of time in the west.

These screens to me just scream remake not port.