PS Plus gets new subs offer

Thursday, 21st April 2011 12:58 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Sony’s said it’s dropping the price of a PlayStation Plus subscription to 15 months’ worth for the price of 12. Become a member of the exclusive club before 3 May and you’ll get the further benefit of the “free” three months. Existing members can take advantage of this offer too, thanks to the new subscription stacking service – renew your membership before your current one has ended, and you’ll get the deal when you subscription lapses.

PS Plus costs €49.99 a year.

1. kingofscotland

PS Plus has been getting better and better lately with getting brand new games free and weeks before general release or day 1 discounts.

I still think they need to improve to get a larger crowd, throw in 2 free movies a month and it gets people into the video store and who knows they might buy a film or 2 aswell and increase sales.

2. Robo_1

I wonder how this is doing? I’ve got something like 40 – 50 friends on PSN, and I’d say about a quarter have the little gold cross next their name.

3. kingofscotland

@2 Yeah my friends list is about 50 and reckon there are about 15 plus subscibers which is a fairly good percentage.

Also when reading the PSBlog there is a big percentage of + subscibers in the comments, but it could just be that they are more active.

4. Yoshi

@1 Oh my Jesus, if they added a free movie every week or similar I would buy it in a second :D:D:D:D

5. Nozz

So far since February of this year I can wholeheartedly say it has been worth it. I’m playing games I would usually ignore because of PS+ and the majority of them (minis included) are actually really good.

For example PAIN (this month’s free game), I always wanted to try it but didn’t want to spend the money on it. Turns out its decent and I had a laugh with a few mates with it last night.

There are actually a few games I’ve downloaded just waiting to be played on my HDD right now but I’ll play them through the summer.

I agree, if they added a film or two into the mix every update it would be amazing, but with the amount of stuff we get already its defo worthwhile.

6. Dimacorgan

Yeah, adding films might be a good choice… Anyways, Stacking for free upon release was a brilliant deal, and so was Killzone 3 free DLC…
    Seriously considering the fact of taking this new offer, as well. Just give the details!