A spanish magazine’s carrying a lengthy feature on Mass Effect 3, and new details have emerged out of it.
Obvious spoilers ahead for anyone who’s yet play the previous games. Proceed with caution.
Translated by GAF user Lakitu, the new details are below:
- The reason Cerberus is put against us is explained at the beginning of the adventure.
- Cerberus troops include: Mechas, Assault units, Shock troops – ninja-style.
- Reapers: They have different sizes, ranging from 500-600 meters of the smaller ships to the 2km large Herald.
- New skills for Shepard: Rolling, jumping small holes in the ground. Greater variety of melee attacks. The article specifically mentions “a new class: Heavy Melee”.
- New skills: Engineer can build turrets.
- Customizable weapons: Guns, sight – five variants in each section.
- More items to “loot.”
- Space Battles? Perhaps, but unconfirmed.
- Scenarios: Larger. We will see people walking, ships fighting, architecture in greater detail. Searching for the photorealism of sites using new lighting techniques on the stage.
- Enemies: They now take dynamic damage. The Cerberus mechas, for example, requires that we shoot a weak point, the glass cockpit, in order to overcome them. In other enemies we can cut off the arms, break the head or break various pieces of their armor.
- Fighting more dynamic, forcing us to move more frequently. The game’s speed is improved by 10 to 15 percent.
- Exploration: We won’t drive vehicles seen in previous games. The main gameplay is designed without them. This does not mean that there are no vehicles, but they can’t reveal more now. There is a new scanning system.
- Locations to visit: New York, London, a moon of ¿Koriana? (maybe they mean Quarian or Krogan) world, a salarian world and Mars, among others. The development of each environment takes about six months.
The magazine also quizzed the developers about the future of the series. A quick google translate produced these answers:
Mag: This being the end of the trilogy, can we expect in the future?
Bioware: Mass Effect 3 closes the history of Shepard, but the universe that we have created is still there, with many possible stories to tell. I see many possibilities in the future, from an MMO to a degree of action in first-person, or even a platformer. It all depends on what players want in the future.
Mag: Mass Effect 3 will have multiplayer?
Bioware: We’ve always wanted to include it, since the first Mass Effect. Explore ways to be able to offer for each delivery, but [we’re not] fully convinced of the solutions we have found so far.
Mass Effect 3 releases this fall for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.