Tue, Apr 19, 2011 | 02:37 BST
Tuesday Shorts, Overnight Edition: Final Fantasy, Grasshopper iPhone cases, Atlus sale
A collection of dainty amuse-bouche dishes to warm you up to the meat of the news.
- When is Final Fantasy VI not Final Fantasy VI? When it’s the really-rather-cheeky rip-off, Final Fantasy VI – Death Runner. 100% unofficial, 100% nothing to do with FFVI.
- Want to see the Wii Balance Board being put to effective and worthwhile use? Students have developed a game that utilises several Balance Boards to assist children undergoing physical therapy.
- Grasshopper Manufacture has created two iPhone cases – ‘Cockroach Maiden’ and ‘Hallo, Friends’ are available in Japan for around $25
- Andriasang has some scant Final Fantasy Type-0 (that’s XIII Agito’s new name) character details from an early magazine leak.
- Japanese mobile phone social network Gree is to host a new Resident Evil game.
- Starcraft 2 has been patched.
- Robot Unicorn Attack is coming to Android, and more Adult Swim games may follow.
- Some new Dance Central DLC is on the way – Justice, Tone Lōc, and more.
- The latest Mortal Kombat TV spot is called “Fatality Lives” and features an unlikely gaming-slash-party social situation.
- There’s a new entry on the APB: Reloaded developer blog, with details of version 1.5 and an extensive Q&A session.
- Final Fantasy XI will soon benefit from changes to the fishing system. Hold the presses.
- If you preorder the new Harvest Moon, you’ll score an adorable plushie llama. Llama? Something, anyway.
- US retailer Best Buy is adding new sales desk and staff to its game departments.
- A ninja hero will be added to Heroes of Newerth this week.
- Atlus is throwing a massive sale on Amazon. Demon’s Souls for $15? Yes prease.
- The creator of Minecraft clone FortressCraft has claimed it’s the fastest-selling XBLIG game.