Rumor: Uncharted 3 multiplayer details leak out of Sony’s E3 Sneak Peek event

Saturday, 16th April 2011 16:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

During Sony’s E3 Sneak Peek event this week in California, Naughty Dog chatted about its multiplayer plans for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Will we be able to sprint? Find out below.

According to a post over the Naughty Dog forums, yes, players will be able to sprint in multiplayer.

Naughty Dog also revealed a new medal system, and players can spend these medals to purchase one-use items. One of the items shown was a grenade which splits into three grenades. Naughty Dog has also introduced what everyone wants in Uncharted 3 multiplayer: the ability to sprint.

Another feature shown was booster, which is similar to the perk system in Call of Duty.

These new changes might actually make Uncharted 3 the”go-to game” for multiplayer on PS3 – something Naughty Dog is striving for.

Two different multiplayer maps were also shown, but we’ll have to find out more about those on Monday.

The information gleaned from the event was supposedly posted over on G4, which has since removed the post, due to an apparent publishing accident. The information on Uncharted 3 is not supposed to go live until Monday when the embargo lifts.

So, take most of this information as “possible” instead of legitimate just in case the forum poster got some of the information incorrect.

We’ll all know more come Monday.

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is slated for a November 1 release in the US.

1. Erthazus

The sprint was not issue in the Uncharted 2 multiplayer. It’s the setting and maps.

The best third person action multiplayer is still Gears Of War 3 in my opinion. What Epic showed with Beast mode and etc. was incredible.

2. strikkebil

anyway i agree, the sprint was never an issue in uncharted 2. what i loved about the game was the simplicity, just great maps and great core mechanics. if they go for a more COD approuch idk if i will like it. but unlike other ppl im always open, and i dont cast judgement on a game before ive actually tried it myself.

3. Erthazus

“ah, classic internet fanboy. neither gears3 or uncharted3 has been released, yet this man(or girl) already knows whats the better game.”

Where i said that Gears Of war 3 is better then Uncharted 3?

4. WFMMK

Can’t wait for Uncharted 3.

5. Erthazus

@4, Multiplayer ! ! ! Not the game.
    Epic Games work on multiplayer games since they started to exist.

6. Christopher Jack

I actually like Assassins Creed: Brotherhood’s approach, it’s something different in a market saturated by boring shooters, Uncharted 2 felt a little like Socom with a parkour system & unique characters, nothing special for it’s MP.
    I hope both UC3 & AC3 will have splitscreen & online co op for their campaigns, I know if that happens it’ll probably be tacked on but who cares?

7. Aimless

I love Uncharted 2‘s multiplayer. It has its fair share of balance issues and areas where it’s not fully furnished, but I really enjoy the diversity of play.

I’ve high hopes for the third game’s online component. Not that the information in the article is super encouraging, but it doesn’t sound bad either; the lack of sprint never struck me as an issue but I can’t really pass judgement until seeing how it’s implemented.

8. PEYJ

But the none of the games have been released which I believe was Strikkebil’s point.

I disagree about the maps, and especially the setting. What in fact, do you mean by the setting?

9. OrbitMonkey

@6 online co-op for the campaign would be fucking awesome, I don’t know why it wasn’t included in either Uncharted2/killzone2,3. MS did it with both their flag ship shooters Gears/Halo & you can’t tell me it didn’t help towards their success. Sony really missed a trick there >:(

10. Lounds

UC2 map layout always felt rubish, i think there was one or 2 maps i liked

11. Dannybuoy

Uncharted 2 is still one of my fave games of all time. Never once played it online. Why? Because the world is full of twats

12. Cozzy

@11 ye, I never played it online either but it’s still one of my favourite games purely for the single-player.

13. osric90

Uncharted 3 is ready to take the world and become the second best game of this generation… the first best game of this generations is unbeatable and it’s a honor to be second just below it. Guess which one is it? And no, it’s not Homefront LOL.

14. Aman27deep

@1 – The number one game according to you is a game that hasn’t released yet? Umm.. Okay.

15. Gekidami

^ And is the sequel to 2 games whose MP’s were worst then prison rape…

16. Erthazus

@15, Playstation fanboy, go F yourself. Game had spectacular multiplayer in which people play to this date.

Uncharted 2 players are 40000+ at best. Uncharted 2 multiplayer is horrible at best.

@14, It’s not number one but Cliff blezinski know what to do when it is something about multiplayer. That guy created Unreal tournament.

17. daytripper

apart from the shotgun addicts gears 3 beta is fucking awesome. i hope uc3 online is just as good.

18. varsas

@3: Doesn’t “The best third person action multiplayer is still Gears Of War 3 in my opinion.” mean that you think Gears 3 is better that UC3? Yes, I know you mean the multi-player aspect but it’s a bit of an early call given the lack of concrete information regarding the latter’s features and with both games unreleased.