Battlefield 3 – “My Life” trailer shows base jumping

Friday, 15th April 2011 14:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A Battlefield 3 trailer is posted below. It hits around the one minute 32 second mark. Short, but full of gameplay footage featuring jets and base jumping.

DICE is readying another video featuring 12 minutes of gameplay footage, but you will need to “like” the game on Facebook in order to unlock it. As a matter of fact, it needs 1 million “likes”, and as of this post there are 675,135 – so get to liking it here.

If for some reason 1 million “likes” are not accumulated soon, it will be released on Monday, but you don’t really want to wait that long.

Battlefield 3 will be released on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 later in the year, with rumors putting it at retail November 2.

1. StolenGlory

JETS!

2. Patrick Garratt

*makes plane noises*

3. UuBuU

Meh.

Again with the action and effects… Means nothing to me.

Show me some in-game footage from multiplayer and they’ll have my attention.

4. Fin

Fuckin love trailers with quiet/peaceful music.

5. Erthazus

Best FPS this year.
    and Jets are gorgeous.

6. Peetry

Jets ….. fap fap fap fap fap fap

7. Hunam

I can feel my PC crying itself to sleep as I watch these vids.

8. James Mac

Did you see that dude running?
    Whoever did the animation and rigging on this is defiantly earning their money.

9. Erthazus

I need 12 minute trailer. I don’t have facebook. Someone like the page please :D

10. StolenGlory

I already have.

Now you get Facebook you lazy bastard, like the Battlefield video page and never use it again :)

11. Erthazus

@StolenGlory, i hate Facebook so much that i can’t even register it EVEN just for the sake of Battlefield 3 trailer :D

12. freedoms_stain

Nothing new = poo.

13. DSB

@8 Yeah I was thinking the same thing. That was pretty damn nice.

14. YoungZer0

@11: Shame on you! I don’t like Facebook at all, and i still did it just for that.

Big lol at the Youtube Comment:

Black Ops : There’s a Camper Behind That Wall.

Battlefield : *BOOM* What wall?

15. Len

Appallingly excited about this. Show us the mp pls…

16. polygem

give me only THIS game this year and i´m a happy gamer. the number one title i´m waiting for without a question. it will burn hundreds of my gaming hours and i wont have much time left for other games. a freakin addictive game bfbc2 already was/is. this looks like a major improvement over bfbc2 – plus: it´s going back a little to the bf roots…there´s no way this could fail in any way. it´s so preordered…

17. Dimacorgan

Yes! I have a positive feeling about this, plus I have had MORE THAN ENOUGH of CoD… I ain’t spending any penny on another shitty copy of that same old shit!
    … but please, show us some console-based footage!
    … and MP, please!!!
    COM’ON!!!

18. Yoshi

Has anyone else noticed the ‘likes’ seem to go up every second… seriously keep refreshing.

19. Lounds

you know in cod4 when the heli crashs and hits your cpt. and you was like holly shit! at how cool it looked, well this just made it looks like a 8-bit video game from the 80s

20. HauntaVirus

YES!!!, DAY 1 for PC!

21. Maxie1992

Wow, this trailer had the same impact that the launch trailer of Call Of Duty 4 had back in 2007. A change of first person shooters, and this game is looking to be the same.

Only Battlefield 3 has the upper hand.

Call Of Duty will have to work its way up like PES needs to do with FIFA in the soccer departement, what is never going to happen.

R.I.P. Call Of Duty

22. Lewis247

Oh God, I’ve not seen anything so epic in a long time. Far too excited for this cannot wait.
    Got goosebumps right through my body at the glimpse of the jets and then that music when the logo appears. SO. FREAKIN. SWEET.

23. UuBuU

@21 – Not a chance. You can’t even compare this to COD4 in terms of changing first person shooters.

All I see is flashy graphics and a few effects. The rest looks fairly generic for a modern warfare game.

I don’t really know why people get so excited about cinematic trailers with lots of action and explosions. Stuff like that means nothing in a good FPS game. It’s all about online gameplay.

24. Yoshi

@23 – You were so close to making a nice opinion then you had to go and say this ‘It’s all about online gameplay.’… unless by online you mean live gameplay throughout and not multiplayer.

25. UuBuU

@24 – I mean multiplayer.

Singleplayer can be fun for a few days, or a week, but really great multiplayer will keep people playing the game for a decade.

I guess developers throwing FPS titles at the monkey horde annually don’t want a game to be THAT good though.

Lots of action, big explosions, jets, a cinematic singleplayer campaign and a mediocre “run around like a headless chicken” experience in multiplayer is enough to keep the monkeys amused for a year before the next game comes along.

26. Hunam

To be honest, if BFBC2 is any indication, the single player will be terrible, if nice looking affair. Aside from all the massively scripted stuff shown so far, most of the gameplay has been gunning down AI that just runs forward. The graphics look amazing, but so far the gameplay is just smoke and mirrors.

27. YoungZer0

@26: That’s your opinion, i loved the singleplayer of BFBC2. Especially when you’d choose to sit down and a random dialog between your comrades would pop up. Talking about Wrestling being real, or the best scene from Predator.

28. DSB

I didn’t really mind the singleplayer except for all the bugs it had in the release version. It was pretty ridiculous how much of the scripting was borked at that point.

You’d be hard pressed to deny the CoD worship though.

“Terrible weapon of mass destruction” – Check
    “Hop on the flatbed of a truck and shoot stuff on a mountain” – Check
    “Shoot the guy with the RPG” – Check
    “Russian baddie” – Check

29. DaMan

SP in fps is for sissies who can’t play against anything trickier than AI, imo if you play even fps for the story and dialogue then the local library or youtube would be perfect gaming platforms.

30. DSB

In other words, Half-Life is a bitch game for sissies.

Mmmm-hm.

31. DaMan

no, you know what I meant.

although, why play HL when you can read Orwell?

32. DSB

Because reading Orwell isn’t playing a videogame.

I don’t see gratuitous MP as any worse than gratuitous SP. The sad thing is that most developers generally insist on adding one or the other, in spite of their focus being on the opposite.

33. DaMan

I’m saying unless you sacrifice gameplay depth and fun for the storytelling, it’s a tiresome experience in my book. you should shoot someone to have a good time, not to go from one point to another just to follow the story. I don’t have to get stress from fighting thru hordes of pigs to see the ending of Animal Farm.

I’m amazed they still add campaigns in Cod like games.