Oddworld dev to unveil Stranger’s Wrath and a 90s revival

Thursday, 14th April 2011 12:07 GMT By Stace Harman

We’ve known for a while that UK-based developer Just Add Water has been working on a HD-remake of quirky 2005 FPS Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath, but now it seems we’re about to hear about more projects related to the property.

As well as unveiling Stranger’s Wrath HD at this month’s GameCityNights event in Nottingham, the Oddworld dev has told Eurogamer it plans to reveal another title at the same time – a revival of a shelved title from the 90s.

No further details about the mystery title have been revealed, so you’ll just have to wait for the official unveiling on April 28.

The update of Stranger’s Wrath, on the other hand, is said to feature 720p visuals, enhanced character detail, normal mapping, self-shadowing, re-mastered dialogue, Move support and additional undisclosed bonus material.

Just Add Water is expecting to be busy in the coming months, after it was previously announced that the developer would release four Oddworld titles this year.

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath will be hitting PS3 later this year.

1. ManuOtaku

Mates this is a great game, i own it on the xbox, and i think i will be picking up this one too, it have great/neat ideas, live ammo, nice mechanics,you have to plan how to capture the bounty, etc, but the game is hard specially if you want to try to capture alive all the bountys. great game

2. Shonak

Yeah, c’mon. I wanted this game on PS2 and now I want it for Xbox 360. It seems like they really don’t want me to play this game… -.-

3. LOLshock94

my fav game of all time but you guys have got to remember its not a ps3 exclusive so it still might come out for xbox

4. Fin

XBLA pls.

5. Len

SW was superb. Thoroughly enjoyed it first time round and definitely a bit different. The crazy insect ammo guns were great… :)

6. Shonak

That be great if Stranger’s Wrath makes it to XBLA or even as a HD-Remake and regular disc. Seriously, I waited way too long to play this game. I sold my original xbox like 3 months before it came out and well, yeah – since then I kinda just wait. -.-

7. OrbitMonkey

It is a little…. Er…. odd? That its taking so long for a old xbox exclusive to get out on the 360. Live restrictions blocking release?