Brink’s release moved forward a week

Monday, 11th April 2011 16:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Bethesda said today that Brink will release a week early in both the US and Europe. The Splash Damage shooter will now hit on on May 10 in the US and on May 13 in the EU. Which is awesome. Watch for a big update on the game very soon.

1. ManuOtaku

Wooow, if only duke nukem can learn something from this

2. StolenGlory

Shit! Now I have to change the holiday days that I have booked at work.

3. El_MUERkO

woo + yay

4. DSB

Oh shit! Gimme!

5. polygem

awesome! i can´t wait for this game…just preordered today. will write the new release date as top priority FTW appointment in my calender right now. i really hope this game delivers – but it looks really promising. i´ll check out the skinny smg guy/class first for sure. mp wise i´m craving a new shooter…most of my mp time is still reserverd for BFBC 2 – which is still such a great game and the best mp game on consoles this far imo (closely followed by reach which is just as good and maybe even better but i prefer bfbc2 in the long run…and yea some cod´s)- i´m more than ready for a new shooter ip though. i hope this will keep me busy untill BF3…

6. artursz1993

oh yeah :)

hey, anyone can answer?
    There will be online pass on this game?

7. Hunam

Nice to have it earlier, even if it’s clearly been moved out of L.A. Noire’s path. I guess after RDR everyone just gets out of the way of R* games now :)

8. tigersaman

& will also leak a week earlier than new release date ! :DDDDD

9. AHA-Lambda

Good after everyone bitched and moaned over how the date needed to be moved i’m rly glad and slightly surprised that they did. Now they wont get absolutely crushed by LA Noire and i may not have to choose between them day one :)

now about that lack of demo which is the only thing holding me back from pre ordering this baby ;)

10. Crab of Thunder

A game moved forward makes a nice change. As for this i’m reserving judgment untill i see some solid gameplay/reveiws.

11. Hunam

Yeah, the game needs a demo hard style. I think so many people are interested but not sold and giving them something to play would just be that little push we all need.

12. AHA-Lambda

ahem no demo guys SENT TO DIE!!!

;___;

13. LOLshock94

best news since sony and geo have stopped bitching

14. Crab of Thunder

@12, well they bloody need one!

15. mattyc4

@14, agreed. A demo for a game hybrid like this is def. needed. Here’s hoping they’ll have a surprise demo announcement too!

16. DSB

It would be nice if all games had demos, but it’s not like Brink is a totally new and untested concept.

Splash Damage already did an objective based multiplayer FPS with Quake Wars, which was pretty damn enjoyable in my opinion. If Brink ends up on par with that, I’m happy.

17. AHA-Lambda

true but in the grand scheme of things this game doesn’t have that much hype or exposure to be perfectly honest. A demo would have done wonders

18. ManuOtaku

Well for me the demo issue is not biggy, i never did tried a demo of a game before, i wait for the general reviews and then i decide if a purchase the game, call me old school, but waiting to download a demo and to play a not finished product can induce me not to make the purchase even if later is seems as a worthy product.
    Back on topic this is great news,though i would be getting this one alongside L.A Noire no matter what, therefore it doenst affect me, now nuke dukem please do the same, please.

19. Phoenixblight

“Bethesda have not used an online pass system as of yet, but I’d wager no, but not certain yet.”

Why would they? They have just recently picked up ID and Splash damage which are companies that specialize in MP and FPS.

The only reason I can see online pass for their RPGs to do some thing similar as Cerberus network.

20. DrDamn

Online Pass as in EA Online Pass. Buy new and you get it for free – buy used and you have to buy it separately. One off free to play online.

21. Hellequin

Seriously, what the hell those micro news? Where the informations, source and all those things i always see on VG24/7? Thats why i always came here, but seems like writers forgot about it.

22. Phoenixblight

I know what it is. EA typically uses it for their MP titles.

23. DSB

Online passes are just another way to get those elusive 10 euro/dollars. One publisher hikes prices, another adds an online pass, another cuts stuff out of games and sells it as DLC.

Or any combination of those.

24. HauntaVirus

Sweet! The sooner the better!