Red Faction: Battlegrounds, inFamous 2 UGC beta, Sonic 2 headline PS Plus content for April

Wednesday, 6th April 2011 11:14 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s dropped the full list of content coming to PlayStation Plus subs this month.

For subs, Red Faction: Battlegrounds and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will receive 100 percent discounts -thus, free – with the latter being exclusive to the service for two weeks.

Selected Plus members will also be sent emails and asked to take part in the user created content beta for inFamous 2 from April 12. Those who don’t get in the first time may do so on April 19.

It’s also confirmed some of the content line-up for May, including Streets of Rage 2, James Pond 2: Robocod and a 20 percent discount on the PSN version of Beyond Good and Evil HD.

There’s more through here.

1. Blerk

Robocod? wtf? Did I fall into a time-warp?

2. DrDamn

@Blerk
    It’s the PSOne “classic” – you always get a PSOne classic or two with PSN+.

3. Blerk

Ah, right.

I’m not sure ‘classic’ is the right word to use. :-D

4. Ireland Michael

@3 Dude, Robocod was fucking awesome!

I lost my life to that game back in my Amiga 500 days.

Red Faction: Battlegrounds for free? Impressive. Looks like I’m getting my moneys worth already.

How the fudge is Sonic 2 “exclusive” though? It’s been on the Xbox Live Marketplace for years…

5. Blerk

Unless they mean Sonic 4, Episode 2?

I really hated Robocod. Sorry. :-D

Edit: No, wait – obviously they mean Sonic 2 is exclusive to plus owners for 2 weeks. i.e. they’re getting it before ‘regular’ PSN users.

6. Ireland Michael

Lawl. Three or four years after everyone else.

7. KAP

PSPlus is finally paying for its self. Free games is always welcome. Not to mention the Infamous 2 BETA invite.

8. Ireland Michael

@7 I forgot about that one.

I guess I can find out early for myself if it’s as bad as the original.

9. KAP

Bad? Really?!
    Thats the thing about the internet right?

Everyones thinks their correct.

10. Moonwalker1982

Robocod aka James Pond? I didn’t see that one coming, with renewed graphics?

11. Ireland Michael

@9 Apologies for having an opinion. I will restrain myself from such in future.

10 It’s just a download of the PSone version.

12. Aimless

Personally I’m most pleased with the Ubisoft discounts as I’m interested in picking up Clash of Heroes, Outland and BG&E (again).

I think I’ll stick with Plus when my subscription ends, it’s definitely saved me money in the long run and even the inclusive content I wouldn’t necessarily have bought is nice to have.

13. Ireland Michael

Double post? Odd.

14. StolenGlory

Not really – folks just have different views on things that’s all.

It’s in how we debate and discuss those views with intelligible and articulate folk of similar ilk that makes forums like these a good place to be.

And the vitrolic, childish and immature (read fanboyish/trollish/etc…) underside to this in which certain people don’t/can’t want to embrace the notion of free-thinking human beings?

Less so.

15. DrDamn

I thought Infamous was only ok – but had enough elements that they got right to warrant giving Infamous 2 a fair go.

NB: Beta access is limited – not everyone on PSN+ will get on. They are even going so far as to select people based on Trophies gained on the first one. They may even monitor sites like this – in which case you have no chance now Michael ;)

16. reask

Funny enough I only picked up infamous as a sub user at the time it was a tenner.
    I thought it was a good enough game.

17. KAP

Me saying people on the internet think there correct was a sarcastic way of saying people have opinions sillybillys.

Whateva i say is right. Because its my opinion on the subject, add the internet to that and you have, like you said: vitrolic, childish, immature, fanboyish, trollish, etc…