Quick shots: Kameo II art shows game that never was

Wednesday, 6th April 2011 19:32 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Former Rare artist Sergey Rakhmanov has posted up some art from the never-released Kameo II on his portfolio. You can se it all after the break. The images carry the Microsoft Game Studios watermark and are dated 2008. Never more. The original adventure was a 2005 360 launch title.

Via GAF.

1. Wesker

Hot!

2. The_Red

WTF!? I’m pretty sure she wasn’t this realistic. Still, it’s nice to see lost art from back when Rare had the cool logo and made decent games instead of dog crap.

3. Gekidami

Odd that they were planning something very realistic looking after the cartoony look of the first one.

4. Joe Anderson

I loved Kameo, that’s when RARE was a good studio, now the only games they make are casual and boring. Please bring back old RARE and come on Microsoft, are you crazy? make Kameo 2 instead of concentrating on whatever it is RARE do now (i.e Xbox Avatars).

5. onlineatron

So that’s Kameo 2 and Perfect Dark Core cancelled.

All for Kinect Sports.

6. Moonwalker1982

What a shame, after Kameo…Rare’s games really went to shit from there on. They messed up Banjo Kazooie and this one never saw the light of day. Why the hell did this happen to Rare?

7. onlineatron

Hey! You leave Viva Piñata alone, ya here!?

8. The Meaning

Hmm,what happened rare?Where shall i begin?When your company(Rare inc.)is brought by a company that only caters to a demand tactic(Microsoft)your own goals,an projects become dreams.Rare can want to develop a kameo 2,a next gen killer instinct,etc.,but when the fanbase is only buying halo this,and gears of war that,then it becomes apparent what group of consumers…will get their “fix” more often.I choose to be a pc gamer for my own personal reasons,i won’t go around telling subject A to buy this game,or subject B to buy that gaming device,but i will voice my opinion,even if i am labeled by individuals,that are living(as i speak)in their parents’ house.

9. Hunam

I do love the whole Rare is dead! Here is where it went wrong! stuff that rolls around every time without fail.

10. Moonwalker1982

But they started with Kameo on Xbox 360 and Viva Pinata. Both were a success and great games, but why did they fuck up BK? And is it really MS’s fault that Rare went downhill?

11. HauntaVirus