Capcom opens “DD” teaser site, countdown to end next week

Wednesday, 6th April 2011 08:01 GMT By Nathan Grayson

Capcom’s about to announce something big. How do we know? Because some numbers appeared on a website.

Capcom’s opened a brand new teaser site for something called “DD.” As always, however, nothing short of a Sherlock Holmes-Scooby Doo super team could decipher the page – which depicts a dragon silhouette and little else – taken on its own.

Fortunately, 1UP‘s provided us with a nice little thing called context. According to the site, Japanese publications have fished out a Capcom trademark for something called “Dragon’s Dogma,” and if the dragon-shaped silhouette with the initials “DD” fits, well…

The clock’s scheduled to rasp out its last, desperate tick next Wednesday, so concrete details shouldn’t be too far off.

1. UuBuU

Oh goody, hopefully it’s something decent because there’s hardly anything due for release in the latter half of 2011… :(

2. khemphoud

Dhouls’n Doblins?
    It looks like the gargoyle of Ghouls’n Goblins logo:

But now it has a tail!

3. onlineatron

U MAD?

Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Resistance 3, RAGE, Gears 3, Arkham City, The Last Guardian, Skyward Sword, Mass Effect 3… A billion more!

2011 is chockablock with amazing titles, this half and the later!

Anyway, on topic: I bet this will be, without a doubt, that game that people want more than anything. So start making your wish lists, because this will definitely be the game you want… After all, when has a countdown timer ever disappointed you before?

4. RockTwist

Judging by Capcom’s past history with female character designs, I thought this was going to be a game about boobs.

5. UuBuU

@3 I know, I know – I was being sarcastic. Good luck to Capcom though, if they do plan on releasing this (whatever it is) in the latter half of 2011.

6. onlineatron

Ah, fooled once again by the internet’s inability to display sarcasm :/

Capcom’s output lately has been a bit weak (robotic wife limbs) so it wouldn’t surprise me if this is another flaccid failure.

7. Random_H

My money firmly sits on a new ‘Breath of Fire’ game. Last one was caled ‘Dragon’s Quarter’.

So ‘Breath of Fire – Dragon’s Dogma’ has that right ring to it.

I would buy it. BoF DQ – as hard as it was – was one of my favourites on the PS2. The SNES-Debut was equally brillant, if a tat bit traditional.

Alex

8. Blerk

While it’d be cool to think it was a new ‘Breath of Fire’ entry, I can’t really imagine the Capcom of today actually doing one.

9. Goffee

Bringing back Double Dragon – awesome!

Or its Maria Whittaker reboot (about the same era)

10. Gekidami

I’m pretty sure Capcom has nothing to do with Double Dragon, they dont own the IP.

11. Blerk

Double Dragon is Taito, not Capcom. And I’ve no idea what the “Maria Whittaker” reboot is – the only Maria game I can think of is Barbarian, which was neither Capcom nor anything to do with Double Dragon.

12. StolenGlory

I could have sworn I found the inlay to Barbarian II under my foster brother’s bed one time.

The grubby little toad.

13. Blerk

You can’t really blame him, I’ve been thinking about it since post 9! :-D

14. Rosseu

BoF please! Fan of the series here :)

15. StolenGlory

It’s either a new Darkwing Duck or a new entry in the Dungeons & Dragons side scrolling series.

Fo Sho’.

16. Ireland Michael

Oh man, if it was a new Breath of Fire…

*gets on his knees and prays*

17. Blerk

Dragon Quarter was brilliant.

If they did do a new one then they should make it an XBLA/PSN game. But most likely it’d end up on the DS or something where I wouldn’t play it. :-|

18. Gekidami

I bet its Monster Hunter related.

19. OlderGamer

I doubt it is, but yea a HD remake of Dungeons and Dragons for xbla/PSN would be killer.

20. Kikko

Hoping for another BoF as I’m playing Dragon Quarter now !
    yes it is awesome & yes it is tough as nails, but highly enjoyable, with a superb battle system and a very decent plotline wow.

21. xino