Rock Band 3 price dropped to $19.99

Tuesday, 5th April 2011 19:56 GMT By John Callaham

Hamonix has cut Rock Band 3 down to just $19.99.

This price cut affects the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii versions of the game. It’s just the disc, so this assumes you have one or more compatible controllers.

The game itself includes 83 songs and gives players a way to access over 2,600 more songs for use in the game, via disk, download and disk export.

Thanks Joystiq.

1. OlderGamer

All water under the bridge at this point, but I really dispise RB3. I loved RB2, but when RB3 came out my playtime on the series dropped off dramaticly. I just never took to the new game interface. And the lack of affordable instraments plus the fact that new DLC was RB3 only … sruined it all for me.

I used to play RB daily, not hardly at all.

2. Hunam

Still silly expensive in the UK though. Do want the game but i’m not paying any more than £15 for it.

3. Iliad

I loved RB2 and love RB3 even more! I personally think the new interface is better, and the way the online multiplayer stuff works is significantly improved. Will be playing RB3 for a long time to come and am hoping the six-string pro guitar makes it way over to the UK soon.

4. The_Deleted

Rock Band 3 is the fucking nuts. GH:WoR is the best in long time too. Shame these games have hit a brick wall, though. Acti milked the genre dry and Harmonix really needed to tie up games releases with the instruments.

5. Hunam

Harmonix needed to not spend massive amounts of money on single band titles like Beatles and Green Day.

6. The_Deleted

I don’t think they’ll be releasing another hard copy disc again if sales for RB3 are any indication. It’ll all be DLC from here on in. Hopefully with out the need to release a new game into stores we’ll get a bit more choice when it comes to DLC and not just one or two artists a week.
    So many good songs just waiting to be used, SOAD, Jeff Buckley, Amon Amarth, Dr. Hook, Supertramp… yadda yadda yadda… Some more blues would be great, too.