Spider-Man: Edge of Time media swings into action

Monday, 4th April 2011 17:43 GMT By John Callaham

Newly-announced Spider-Man: Edge of Time got its first screenshots and trailer today, showing gameplay from this latest entry in the super hero action series.

As reported last week, Spider-Man Edge of Time will feature both the regular modern day Amazing Spider-Man and his far future successor, Spider-Man 2099, in a game that will feature time travel as a major theme.

You can check out all of the web-spinning action in the trailer below. The game is due out sometime this fall from developer Beenox.

1. AHA-Lambda

“he game is due out sometime this fall”

Another one? Guys there’s this big empty space in the fiscal calendar called the summer ya know!!

2. Bellisner

A wild Tim Langell appears…..Tim uses court order…..It’s not very effective!

3. Patrick Garratt

Screens are fixed now.

4. AHA-Lambda

@2 – i fucking LOLED! XD

5. Maximum Payne

Is this going to be sandbox(which i doubt) or linear like previous one?And why the fuck they trow out Noir Spiderman….
    @1 So true.I have how when is summer there is 0 new game but hey when school start at september then OMG at least 3 AAA games….

6. M. K.

Looks like no free roam and no spider man noir which is really a shame :( Hope it’s going to be an early september release, else I’m going to pass.

7. YoungZer0

Looks just as bad as their previous effort. Count me out.

8. Maximum Payne

The game reminds me of first spiderman game linear one.I still think the game should sandbox with lot of side quest.I think spiderman shadow web was good game but I am in minority i gess…

9. The_Red

I looks exactly like Shattered Dimensions. Even the exact same animations, combos, move and same set-piece. Only with 2 less versions of Spidey. WTF Activision?

10. goku888

@1 I don’t know if you are talking about the activision team but if you do i really want you to think what you’ve said!!!!It’s SUMMER….they are not obligated to make games all the time of the seasons!! They have family’s you know!!!If you want the game just wait untill the fall..they are humans not slaves to you or anyone else!!!Are you the smart guy to make vacations and those people who work there are stupid and have to sit and create your game the only season they can make a break??

11. AHA-Lambda

@10 – i’m not talking about activision or even this game but the indsutry’s attitude as a whole ya twat O_o

I fully understand the need for vacations and such, what i dont get is the one sided slanted nature of AAA releases.

Plus tihnk more carefully about what you just said -_-

If it releases in summer the main game is probably done a few months before the summer
    If it releases in the fall its probably fully done a few months before, ya know just coming off the tail end of summer
    *common sense slap go*

12. viralshag

Wow. That looks crap. Another Spiderman game I will probably miss on. How hard is it to make a big open world city that looks great and allows me to swing around… like Spiderman.

13. Lounds