SEGA provides release schedule for Mega Drive Classics on PSN

Wednesday, 30th March 2011 19:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

SEGA has posted the release schedule for its Mega Drive Classics coming to PSN.

Each release is free for PS Plus subscribers while the rest of us will pay £3.19/€3.99 a piece. Five titles in total will be released over the next few months, and while Altered Beast and Comix Zone don’t have a date yet, the rest do.

• Sonic 2 – PS Plus April 6, PS Store on April 20
  • Streets of Rage 2 – PS Plus May 4, PS Store on May 18
  • Golden Axe 2 – PS Plus June 1, PS Store on June 15

Sonic the Hedgehog is out today on PSN, and you can get the list of available Trophies through the EU Blog.

1. The_Deleted

Road Rash or feck off.

2. Ireland Michael

@1 Ummm… Road Rash isn’t a SEGA game.

3. Gekidami

Cool, i downloaded Sonic today, free. Glad i signed up for Plus.

4. OlderGamer

The problem here is that they keep recycling the same games over and over. Isn’t there an Ultimate Sega Genesis game collection already for PS3? I own one on xb360. Would make a lot more sense to just buy that used on the cheap. Comes with something close to 40 games and will cost you the price of one or two of these digital downloads.

Its nice that PSN+ users get the game for free, but doesn’t Plus run 50usd/year? So not truely free. Just saying.

I would like to see Sega stop putting out the same games over and over. It would be nice if they could do ground work, but convince a few 3rd parties to let them do a few releases for other games.

There is just so many times I can play Sonic, again.

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

This is like how Nintendo charges $5 for Super Mario Brothers to download.

These should be 99cents or less. They should package a shit-ton in a compilation or get the fuck out.

6. The_Deleted

@2: My bad… after all the time playing RR on the SEGA MD I’ve always just correlated the two…. Now I know… :D

7. lexph3re

O.g it is 50 for a year and 3months!lol but, its good news to hear that my 50 has landed me another game. I so far have all 3 spyros 6 a piece($18) crash team racing $6($24) sonic the hedgehog $5($29) mag-with lvl cap $30($54) all sam and maxs $30($84) odd world $10($94)with a ton of minis and beta access. Its a good bargain my friend.

Normally I wouldn’t buy these game but I put that 50 bucks down so I would have a constant flow of games. So it pays off and I’ve only had it for 4mnths. I can’t wait to play streets of rage 2 again without buying the sega collections because I was just about to buy it.lol