Battlefield 3 campaign to last 12 hours

Wednesday, 30th March 2011 09:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Battlefield 3′s campaign will last up to 12 hours, according to a report.

An interview with DICE general manager Karl Magnus Troddeson at EA’s pre-GDC showcase, published by games.on.net, mentions the figure.

“Naturally we want to introduce more people to our franchise” said Troddeson.

“A lot of people don’t want to jump straight into multiplayer. They want to feel around a bit and they’re ready to move over to online. The hardcore online people, they don’t care, they’re just straight in.

“Maybe they don’t even touch the campaign. But we want to get more people in, invite more people into the franchise. That’s one of the main reasons why we have this different part of the game.”

Just a heads up: DICE is set to launch the third BF3 gameplay video later today.

Battlefield 3 launches this fall for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Erthazus

This is good, at least not some 4-5 hours that are in some “military” games. Just make sure to make it less bullshit compared to again… *sigh*

2. Shonak

I believe it when I play it. BFBC2 campaign was boring.

3. frostquake

Since I ONLY play FPS Single Player Campaigns, and almost NEVER play MP, this is good news for me, at least, and those in my family who are not connected to the internet with their consoles.

That being said, 12 Hours can be a Challenge in a FPS, they really need to crank up the story, don’t recycle map after map after map, and keep snapping in new items, weapons, twists, adding new characters, and keeping it fresh all the way through.

I will buy this day one now, which will be a first for me on the Battlefield series, since their SP Campaigns have been nothing more than Bot Practice, I have waited a month and picked it up in the Dump Bin for $20 US or less.

4. triggerhappy686

Good news, it should always be like this. Black Ops is a surprisingly decent length too… hopefully the days of 3-4 hour campains are numbered.

5. xino

12 or 40 hour…don’t care.
    if it feels and plays like Bad Company’s campaign, I wouldn’t even bother touching it!

but from the episode trailers, it looks like the campaign doesn’t play like Bad Company.
    It doesn’t feel epic like COD though, but still good. At least better than the trash Homefront:/

6. DSB

BF2′s campaign lasted 0 hours.

I hope the multiplayer doesn’t suffer. I don’t blame the singleplayers for feeling shorted by a 5 hour campaign, but personally I wouldn’t have wanted to play BC2 or a CoD game for longer than that.

7. LOLshock94

HAHAHAHA DICE talk shit and people still respect them…you lot are idiots!

8. G1GAHURTZ

LOL!

9. GwynbleiddiuM

What are we doing here exactly?

10. LOLshock94

@9 trolling bf3 cause bf3 is shit and so is dice for producing a half made game…at least infinit ward dont release a half made game.

11. absolutezero

No they just cut bits off to sell at a later date.

OH HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12. Lounds

@10 IW actually make decent games.

That team hasn’t made a game since MW2 which was a brilliant game.

Back to subject.

BF3 is a better online game than most, I haven’t even loaded sp on it because the mp is good.

13. Maximum Payne

Its funny because campaign is even shorter then cod’s campaign.

14. AHA-Lambda

ya know what? i’m glad they lied on this account. the only way Bf3′s campaign could possibly be ANY fucking worse was if it lasted any longer -_-

Definitely one of the worst campaigns i’ve played in a major AAA production ever.