Wed, Mar 30, 2011 | 20:51 BST
2K announces value-packed editions of Mafia II
2K has announced three value pack editions of Mafia II.
The versions are for the Greatest Hits and Platinum Hits for PS3 and Xbox 360, repsectively and a Director’s Cut for PC.
Mafia II Greatest Hits and Mafia II Platinum Hits are currently available at select retailers for $29.99, and will become available at additional retailers worldwide throughout April. The Director’s Cut for PC will become available in the coming months.
Each includes the standalone game and previously released downloadable content, marking the first time Xbox 360 and PC players can experience The Betrayal of Jimmy.
Here’s a bit more detail on what’s included in the packaging:
- The full edition of the gripping crime-drama, Mafia II, where Vito and his buddy, Joe, are making a name for themselves on the streets of Empire Bay, working their way up the Mafia family ladder with crimes of larger reward, status and consequence.
- The Betrayal of Jimmy: Players take on Empire Bay through an alternate perspective of the mob through the eyes of Jimmy, a mercenary. Jimmy is the guy the other guys call when they need to finish the job. The Betrayal of Jimmy features dozens of intense arcade-style, city-based missions that keep Jimmy driving, shooting and rampaging through Empire Bay.
- Jimmy’s Vendetta: Once the mob’s most effective ally, Jimmy is now its greatest enemy. Fueled by rage, Jimmy takes on Italian and Irish mobsters in a slew of unlockable city quests, including assassination and timed vehicle pursuits ending in dramatic shootouts.
- Joe’s Adventures: Play as Joe Barbaro as he rampages through Empire Bay in the wake of Vito Scaletta’s prison sentence. Joe must uncover the traitor who betrayed Vito while overcoming the challenges of moving up the ranks in the mob.
- Four Style Packs including Vegas, Renegade, Greaser and War Hero — each with two cars and two suits for in-game use.
The Director’s Cut was outed by Amazon last week.