Rumour – Take Two casting call links Pedeaston to GTA V

Tuesday, 29th March 2011 09:25 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Take Two is set to host a casting call for characters for Grand Theft Auto V, according to what appears to be leaked information.

Ripten‘s discovered the casting call page, which is looking to nail down five characters.

They are: an 18-25 “liberal young male who believes in a conspiracy made by Republicans to undermine America; an 30-40 “white creepy man who thinks that technology is a poison against the wilderness”; an 20-25 “female obsessed with sex parties, always dreaming of becoming a Hollywood celebrity”; and an 10-15 “young, fast-talking boy fighting for the right of young boys to drink alcohol and have sex.”

And the one character that adds authenticity to the story: a 40-45 year-old “man-boy love activist who just got released from an Indonesian prison” known as James Pedeaston.

Pedeaston is a character in a past GTA, having been a presenter for “The Wild Traveller” on radio talk station WCTR in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Potential web domains for the still-to-be-announced sequel were found earlier this month; the game is apparently codenamed “Rush”.

Hollywood is rumoured to be the title’s location.

1. Blerk

It really isn’t that long until E3 now, you know. :-)

2. Johnny Cullen

Ten weeks. *combo of excitement and shuddering*

3. daytripper

i hope this has a better multiplayer, free mode was full of nutters ringing my phone making breathing noises and using Judd Nelson soundboards :-(

4. Erthazus

What you think about the release date?
    I think it’s going to be 2012. I will be very surprised if it is 2011

5. Blerk

This time next year would be my guess – Easter 2012. Which would be just about perfect, wouldn’t want GTA and Saints Row to trip over each other.

6. Erthazus

I’m not sure about 2012 Easter. I think it will be 2012 winter and Sony will show Agent that will be released 2012 easter.

We should not forget about Agent that is developed by ROCKSTAR North. Rockstar North is a premium GTA developer, so i’m not sure about GTA and Easter.

7. Johnny Cullen

I would wager Easter 2012 too, tbh. Then again, most main GTA games have received at least one delay in some form since GTA Vice City.

8. Blerk

I think Agent’s going to get canned. And Max Payne 3. Seriously. It’s too quiet.

9. StolenGlory

Blerk, do you recall which of the R* teams was working on Agent?

Was it R* North?

10. Zarckan

R* North are still working on The Agent

11. Johnny Cullen

@9 Rockstar North is working on Agent. Sam Houser himself is overseeing it, apparently.

12. Rosseu

Does anyone know what style of art they use for their artworks like the one above? Is it vector?

13. bluffbluff03

Cant imagine a better game than GTA V…

14. ManuOtaku

#13 red dead redemption 2 perhaps

15. theevilaires

The question is will GTA V outsell MW3 or the next COD? GTA use to be the king of day 1 sells and I really hope this one refreshes the series some how in a big way. Honestly I rather them hold out until next gen for the next installment because I don’t think they can go bigger and better this gen but I would like to see them do a new vice city and san andres land scape this gen. Ah I don’t know what I want. Can you imagine San Andreas landscape this gen?! It would probably be bigger than the oblivion game landscape.

16. Blerk

I would kill for a return to 1980s Vice City in HD. There are some stories floating around today about some guys who are using GTA IV’s mod tools to recreate Vice City and it’s made me all nostalgic.

17. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Hollywood? MMMMmmmm I’ll bet with all the feedback on GTA4 being too serious and not enough like San Andreas they’re taking it back San Andreas style…..

BIG :)

18. Rosseu

Yeah I myself prefer SA than GTA4 primarily because you can do a lot of things in SA that you can’t in GTA4.

19. TD_Monstrous69

I really hope GTA V makes an appearance at E3. Because after playing through GTA IV and the dlc episodes, I really liked it, but also, I couldn’t wait for what Rockstar’s gonna do next with Grand Theft Auto. Also, I was with Pachter on this one, I thought they’d have reveled it during last year’s E3 (though I thought it’s be during Sony’s E3 press event, seeing as how they had promised a big suprise), for a release right around now (namingly Spring 2011) Ah well, at least Sony got Gabe Newell and Valve on their side (their real suprise). Kinda can’t help but think Rockstar North’s not working on this one if it’s supposedly set in California (or their version of Los Angeles, Los Santos). Or if they are, it’s within collaboration with Rockstar San Diego. Only saying this seeing as how Rockstar North’s supposedly working on the PS3 MMO Agent. I say supposedly because since its announcement back at E3 09, there’s been next to no news on it. The Last Guardian was announced at the same event, and that’s gotten more news. Games that were cancelled have gotten more news than Agent. Can’t help but think WTF Rockstar, and Sony? Ah well, enough of my complaining about a game that might not exist anymore. Can’t wait for any piece of news that comes out on this.