PSN to get emergency maintenance tonight

Tuesday, 29th March 2011 13:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

SCEE’s announced that PSN is to get emergency maintenance for a couple of hours this evening. Starting at 4.30pm, the work will last until 7.00pm. PSN users will be unable to use PC registration until 4.15pm and account management until 5.30pm. And that’s it.

More here.

1. ManuOtaku

i dont know if this is related, or happened to you guys, but on saturday my friends list dissaper, i fear for the worst with the migration thing that sony told, i hope this doenst happen to many times and permanetly.

2. theevilaires

How did your friends list disappear? What do you mean exactly I don’t get you?

3. ManuOtaku

well all my friends that i have on my friends section part disappear,it show zero friends for all day, mean nada,zip,nied,caput. Then all of the sudden appear again on sunday thank god, very strange never happened before even if they werent connected they show them with the amount of time being disconnected from PSN, o_O

4. theevilaires

It could be your NAT settings along with router issues. If you use the PS3 media streaming capabilities disable that option while playing games online or not streaming things from your PC. That along could block full access flow of PSN. What kind of up/download speeds do you get in your area?

To disable media server streaming capabilities go over to the settings icon on the XMB. Go all the way down to internet settings and chose the media server options. Select disable, you’ll notice that satellite icon above the picture,music, and video icons gone above the XMB.

I’m pretty sure that was the issue.

5. ManuOtaku

Well yeah maybe you are right on the money, iam from venezuela and this shit happens a lot here, i mean slow speed connections, as for streaming i dont use it, it is in fact disable,i think then like you said is the internet connection, well i hope so.

6. OrbitMonkey

Off topic, but a similar theme. I for the life of me can’t get my turtle beach px21′s to work. Mic works fine, but no sound through the headset. Plugged in the av leads, set. for multi-output, but nufin :(

7. theevilaires

Yup a slower connection will do that in that case refresh the network. Turn off your PS3 and unplug your router for about 10 sec. Plug it back in wait for about 5 sec then turn on your PS3. Make sure if you’re using wireless you secure your connection too. People sharing your connection will slow it down. Also if you’re using torrents PSN doesn’t run well along it. Try using a program called peer blocker to block out unnecessary stuff coming to and from your PC and you should be able to optimize your connection better even run torrents along side PSN.

My suggestion go to a faster ISP if possible and/or upgrade to a better router. I have the Linksys E3000 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124388 Its the best router out there. I have 2 laptops, 1 netbook, My samsung galaxy tab, PSP/GO, PS3 slim, 360 short, cell phone, and my 3D Sony Bravia network TV via wireless adapter all connected to this router wirelessly at the same time with no dropping issues ever.

8. ManuOtaku

#7 thanks for the recomendations mate i will do that 8D

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

We got a timezone here? Even Sony page doesn’t state…

10. Cort

Losing your Friends List can be caused by your PSN card comment. If your comment contains non-standard (i.e. non-alphanumerical) characters, a bug in the system can stop your list opening fully or opening at all. Doesn’t happen every time, but it has happened to me on two separatre occasions.

11. theevilaires

CORT! :D You’re so right buddy that has also happened to me before.