Patch for Crysis 2 PC released, removes the auto-aim system

Saturday, 26th March 2011 19:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Crytek has released a patch for Cysis 2 in PC, which fixes a few bugs and other issues based on player feedback.

Here’s what is included in the patch notes, via BigDownload:

• Server Browser shows incorrect pings – Fixed
  • Some matches never initiate – Fixed
  • Faster text chat – As speedy as can be
  • Console re-enabled – Console has been re-activated
  • Cheat detection – Now in place to ensure all users are on a level playing field
  • Fix USB headset issues – Current issues have been addressed and fixed
  • Fix hologram icon staying on screen after being used – Fixed
  • Remove Auto Aim – This has now been completely removed due to overwhelming community feedback

On Thursday, Crytek posted a workaround for Crysis 2 PC owners experiencing issues with the game’s multiplayer key. Some users who try to input the key were met with an error message stating that the key was already in use. A patch is in the works to fix this issue.

However, other players are experiencing other sign-in problems, which also lock players out of PC multiplayer.

According to PC Gamer (thanks, DSB), player are finding that in order to play multiplayer they have to log in with a MyCrysis account. The problem, is that the system isn’t recognizing log-in details with folks having to create and use new email address to get around the issue.

The same issue affected the Crysis 2 demo, which saw a patched released for it within a week. Crytek has not noted whether a patch for MyCrysis login issues is in the works yet or not.

To keep yourself up-to-date on patches and known issues, be sure to check out the MyCrysis page.

1. pukem0n

they had auto aim? in an fps, on the PC? seriously?…

2. Erthazus

@1, yeah, it was extremely stupid.

3. Talkar

#1 & #2
    The autoaim was only for people using an xbox 360 controller on the PC, so really, it doesn’t matter for people using mouse & keyboard.

#0
    This patch was a day 1 patch, so it’s getting kinda old x)

4. DSB

Geeze, I was hoping this meant the accounts were fixed.

I somehow finally got around it by forfeiting my nickname and making a new account (probably the third or fourth) using the same e-mail that had been rejected before.

Total cock-up :P

Also just realized that there are only about two different rifles and about three different SMGs in the game. So much for longevity. I’m pretty much never preordering a game ever again.

(Portal 2, Duke Nukem and Brink do not count!)

5. Ge0force

@3 That auto-aim allowed noobs to do headshots from a ridiculous distance with the x360 controller. So it matters a lot for gamers using mouse + kb ;)

6. Lounds

Killzone 2 & 3 doesn’t have auto aim and because of it i always get good KD ratio, played crysis 2 on PS3 and i hated how it my cursor followed people, its really anoying, maybe its because im a pc gamer and im used to “aiming” and these 360 players (children) don’t like game where they have to do all the work.

7. Erthazus

@6, btw, Killzone 2,3 have auto aim, just with not these HUGE proportions compared to other cosole games.

I really like that thing that aim by yourself.

8. Lounds

@7 same,

I’ve played Crysis 2 demo and I could kill people on that game but on ps3 I found there was just bunch of people running and gunning and that stupid auto aim and recoiless gun, I kept getting killed. Tbh Crysis 2 will be a steam xmas sale buy for me

9. DSB

@8 I’m wishing I’d had your sense.

The multiplayer demo sold me, I just didn’t really consider the fact that the accounts were completely fucked.

And I have to write in my serial TWICE every session for it to work (Which Crytek quite seriously refers to as a “fix”). It’s pretty fucked that they’d talk so much crap leading up to this, and then throw such a poorly engineered system on the street. I’ve had to change my nickname to play as well, in spite of securing the one I wanted well in advance.

And of course, the ultimate insult is that console players are having none of these problems. PC gaming, my ass.

To be fair, as an over the top Michael Bay-style action game, the singleplayer more than does the job. I was just expecting that it would evolve on the previous games and require you to actually think before you act.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Is this why I could never get in the PC demo? Hopefully they fix this shit soon. Got my PC version on the way..