Fri, Mar 25, 2011 | 20:28 GMT
Friday shorts II – Death, Dragonforce, DOW2, F1 2011, Jedi, sales
More nuggets for your Friday evening are below.
- BioWare has released a video showing the progression of a Jedi in The Old Republic.
- Social game maker Zynga wants a tax break so it can stay in San Francisco. Don’t we all.
- BoingBoingVideo has posted a video on YouTube featuring death in old video games.
- A lot of new hardware has hit the market. Blue has a list of reviews for you.
- DragonForce’s Through the Fire and Flames hits Rock Band 3 on March 29. Jefferson Airplane, Santana, and Blood, Sweat & Tears tracks hitting too.
- Dawn of War II Retribution is getting new wargear items via 12 new Steam achievements in the game’s Last Stand mode. The list is here.
- Codemasters wants you to ask it some F1 2011 questions via video, send them in, and the one picked will get a tour of the studio.
- IGN has posted a ton of NASCAR 2011 screens. It’s a southern boy’s wet dream, we tell ya.
- A pay-what-you-want sale for Bob Came In Pieces is going on via Ludosity. The game, along with the album The Massacre by FantomenK can be picked up for whatever you wish to pay.
- In Japan, if you order the limited edition of PSP game Steins;Gate, you’ll get a Lab Coat and Slippers. Weird.
- Sales: Impulse has Hot Pursuit on sale today only for $14.97 and DA: Origins for under $25; Steam has Ghostbusters for just $9.99 and Arcadia for $2.49; GoG has Enlight games for 40 percent off and a bundles for 60 percent off.
- Independent movie studio, The Weinstein Company, has announced its TWC Games division which will develop games based on its movies.
- SEGA has posted part four of its Super Monkey Ball retrospective.
- JoWood has announced that its fantasy RPG-RTS expansion pack Spellforce 2: Faith In Destiny has been delayed indefinitely.
- New art and screens are available to look at for A Game of Thrones: Genesis.