2K Sports decries “sexy” Top Spin 4 video – watch it now

Tuesday, 22nd March 2011 01:44 GMT By Brenna Hillier

An unaired Top Spin 4 commercial featuring tennis superstar Serena Williams has leaked onto the Internet, and 2K Sports has gone into damage control.

The commercial was produced as part of a proposed campaign, which was later scrapped, but the actor featured alongside Williams chose to upload the video to YouTube. You can watch it below.

2K Sports issued an embarrassed-sounding statement to Joystiq.

“As part of the process for creating marketing campaigns to support our titles, we pursue a variety of creative avenues. This video is not part of the title’s final marketing campaign and its distribution was unauthorized.”

The trailer pits Williams, “the world’s sexiest tennis player” against an unnamed “world’s sexiest tennis gamer”, both clad in revealing outfits and waggling the PS Move to a soundtrack heavy on feminine gasps and moans.

Top Spin 4 released last week on PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360.

1. LOLshock94

DAMN THAT WAS SEXY!!!!!!!

2. Nozz

Just watched it now.. DAYUM!!

3. HauntaVirus

WOW, that’s heavy advertising for a game that’s rated E! LOL

4. roni1175

LOL

Loved the commercial!!

5. Blerk

/facepalm

6. Patrick Garratt

I doubt I’m going to see anything funnier than that today, And it’s only 10am.

7. SplatteredHouse

They brought in, and paid for, top womens tennis player and random model with no intention of using the result? Bullshit. They’ve just been caught with they pants around their ankles :p If verified, though; I’ll refer to this, the next time there’s a complaint about the cost of game creation, and marketing.

8. Fin

Would.

Also, could do with more fire/explosions. And nudity.

9. 2plus2equals5

OMG, it looks like one of those stupid videos of stupid rappers.

10. McLovin85

Sexiest tennis player and gamer…..really? I think they could have done better in both respects. There are some gorgeous tennis players out there.

11. freedoms_stain

Ana Ivanovic is probably the sexiest womens player imo. Caroline Wozniacki is also extremely hot. There was a point when she was younger I might have qualified Serena as “cute”, then she went totally butch and I’m not into the she-hulk look myself.

12. Shonak

@10: /sign. And for the tennis gamer – why not take the most obvious choice: Jessica Chobot?

13. guapo

@9 stfu. Oh wait, If I had only read your name I would have known to disregard your dumb ass.

14. 2plus2equals5

@13: the fact that you became angry because i attacked this video explains very well your type of culture, infact you are not able to catch the meaning and the reference to one of the masterpieces of world literature of my nickname.
    Watch less rapper videos and read more books.
    PS:
    The book is George Orwell’s “1984″, but i know these are wasted word with you.