Sat, Mar 19, 2011 | 21:33 GMT
Saturday shorts – Tribes: Ascend, Xbox phone, EA goes green, Dungeons, Cthulhu goes long, SWTOR
Below you will find your shorts for Saturday. We have no idea what happened to the pair you wore on Friday.
- EA Sports is apparently doing away with game manuals in an effort to be green. We bet it’s cheaper on the firm as well.
- There are so many sales this weekend, and so little money and time. Get the scoop on Kotaku, D’toid, and Blue’s News.
- Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide developer Floodgate Studios has been purchased by Zynga.
- LOTRO players may want to read up on the changes coming with Echoes of the Dead. It’s your last chance before the patch goes live on Monday.
- Zeboyd Games has announced Cthulhu Saves the World: The Super Hyper Enhanced Championship Edition Alpha Diamond DX Plus Alpha FES HD – Premium Enhanced Game of the Year Collector’s Edition (without Avatars!). Press release is here.
- Want to root against Billy Mitchell with us? Then watch the Kong-off live.
- Nvidia will release its GeForce GTX 590 graphics chip on March 22 as an answer to AMD’s $700 AMD Radeon HD 6990.
- 3DS comes with a pre-installed game called Find Mii, which is located in the 3DS’ Street Pass Mii Plaza.
- Blowback from the Japanese crisis is threatening to drain the life from video game stocks, according to Investopedia.
- An InformationWeek tech analyst is of the opinion that branding Microsoft’s new smartphone as Windows Phone 7 was “a terrible decision.” It should have gone with Xbox branding instead.
- Dungeons is getting its first DLC March 25 for $3.99, which contains a new campaign map called Flowerdale, 10 more maps and 20 new prestige items.
- A new Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime dev dairy features the producer, Jonathan Moses.
- There’s some Eurovision Song Contest Fan Quiz (EN) images out and about.
- Tribes: Ascend has some concept art posted on the official Facebook page.
- Mike Tyson can cure your Angry Birds addiction, just don’t ask how.
- A Kinect hack enables you to tint your skin green and thanks to Box2d physics, go Hulk smash.
- There’s a post on CVG about how Japanese folklore inspired Okamiden.
- A new Age of Empire Online dev diary gets the football treatment. Not the US kind either.
- Ankama Games’ Islands of Wakfu hits Xbox Live Arcade on March 30, and there is a video for it here.
- BioWare has updated the SWTOR site with a developer diary on creating animation and cinematics. There’s also stuff on flashpoint (raids) there should the former not interest you in the slightest.