Sony delays MotorStorm Apocalypse release in the US

Friday, 18th March 2011 18:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

SCEA has confirmed that MotorStorm Apocalypse will be delayed in the US.

Already delayed in Japan and Europe, Sony has stated on the US PS Blog that the game will miss its scheduled April 12 release.

The game where you race around in a city destroyed by earthquakes, was due to release this Friday in the UK. It was already delayed in Japan by SCEJ in the wake of last week’s events.

“Although we have shipped the game into the channel last week, given that we are able to do so, we have chosen to postpone the launch in the UK,” a SCE UK spokesperson told VG247 earlier this week.  “In the meantime we will continue to monitor the situation very closely.”

More information regarding US release timing will be provided at a later date.

1. Gekidami

In the US? Seems abit pointless. I mean, this may sound abit harsh, but for the most part Americans tend to be completely unsympathetic towards other countries problems.

2. Stephany Nunneley

Only the ones you see on TV, Gek.

3. KAP

Its better to delay then release with a ton of backlash.
    Sony aint stupid…… well.

4. theevilaires

Oh hell no! WTF did I do to deserve this?! I’m sympathetic and empathetic but come on living on an island in the middle of an ocean you have to be ready to deal with mother nature and her forces. There’s no way to stop a tsunami or earthquake. Nobody is making fun of the situation but how is holding back the game going to change what happened. If anything make a donation from the game. How about donating $10 from every $60 game purchase.

I have a house on the west and east coast and I know damn well California could crumble any sec thats why I keep my ass over here most of the time but man I was looking forward to this game. Oh well guest it gives me more time to get that pacific rift platinum….anyone can help me with the online trophies I’d appreciate it.

5. spiderLAW

Arent you a US resident?

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

what the fuck sony. this sucks. as if our previous delay wasn’t bad enough. so stupid. what the hell does this even have to do with anyway and don’t even try to tell me Japan.

7. Gekidami

Nope.

8. ReeceHeywood

If you want it that bad head over to eBay, 100′s of copies available but just at a higher price than normal.

9. spiderLAW

Hmmm… i have a person on my PSN friends list that claims to be you….. i must find out who this foolio is.

10. Gekidami

^ What? Whats his PSN id?

11. OrbitMonkey

@4 I think Sony is delaying the game as a show of respect for those affected, not a actual attempt to undo or fix the damage caused by this horrendous event.
    And by affected I mean directly & indirectly, in Japan & around the world. Though I’m sure Sony with its large Japanese workforce will man up any day now to give you your precious videogame :D
    @5, Doesn’t make what he says wrong, as #4 amply proves ;)

12. xino

and I was wondering why it wasn’t delayed for US:/

guess it did now which is a good thing.
    now a region would not surpass others in terms of leaderboard.
    i don’t really care about leaderboard stuff, but stuff must be fair!

that is why it annoys me when games only based around leaderboard which is the only replay value gets released in US first and UK late!

13. theevilaires

LMAO @9 OMFG XBOT spies pretending to be legit PSN users damn what is the world coming to holy shit thats funny. Although its not hard to pretend to be Gek the guy kinda lacks any extreme emotion around here.

14. Gadzooks!

It’s obviously a sign of respect for the Japanese disaster, and the right thing to do, IMO.

Japan is a nation of people, not just a far away place where electronics are made.

15. Quasar

fuck us retards

16. theevilaires

Yea I guess they have a remembrance day every year on December 7th too Mr. political correct and Gek WTF are you talking about in #1. Like you euros weren’t jumping up and down on Sept 11th saying we deserved what we got. I saw the vids of euros celebrating 9/11.

17. Syrok

@15: You might want to consider using punctuation. ;)

18. Gekidami

@TEA
    Palestine isnt in Europe. And i dont even know what “extreme emotion” means.

But seriously, i want to know who this guy claiming to be me is.

19. Dr.Ghettoblaster

#14
    Japan delay, makes total sense. Delay everything else in the world becuase of what’s going on in Japan? I don’t think so.

20. spiderLAW

@ Geki
    Dont remember off hand and im at work atm. Anikdotes or some shit like that as far as i can remember. But its no big deal, he isnt harming anything. Ill just ask him who he is.

21. Gekidami

But he actually said he was me?

22. spiderLAW

To say all US residents or even most don’t care about the world is total nonsense. Americans donate millions of dollars to countries in need. In California alone we already have well over 50,000 different organizations aiding Japan. Our national banks like Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and Chase are racking up donations from customers throughout the US. I can NAME at least 100 Christian churches in Southern California within a 100 mile radius that are also donating to Japan and are getting people ready to go and donate their time to help rebuild.

Europeans seem to think they know it all when in reality they really don’t know jack shit….how’s that for a generalization?

23. spiderLAW

Yeah. He added me. I asked who it was. He said, “im from VG247 and my name starts with Gek so take a guess.” I said “Gekidami”? and he said “Yup thats me.”

24. Gekidami

^WTF? Well this is odd… Let me know what he says when you ask him who he really is.

25. OrbitMonkey

@19 You really can’t see why a Japanese company, with a large Japanese workforce, might want to delay a game set In a earthquake ravaged city, just after a earthquake ravages their homeland? O_o

26. theevilaires

I get so many friend request from readers on this site its insane. I can’t keep up with all the fans but as soon as SONY ups the friend limit I will let you guys come aboard my list. Just please don’t impersonate anyone who does post on this site. Its funny but its also creepy and sad.
    Lady gamers keep the pics you send me clean please I have a little one at home and she loves to grab my controller and play PS3 on daddy’s new shiny 3Dtv for some odd reason :(

@ spider and gek I think I heard of that guy before but once again why choose Gek to be his alias I find that so funny :D

@ Dr.G as the leaders of the world I guess we have to set a good example for the rest of the world. Look at it this way as PS3 users we’ve got our hands full with all these great exclusives SONY has been drowning us in since 2011 started….could be worst….we could be on that other system with no games :D

@ Syrok make us some LBP2 motorstorm themed levels please to fill in the void. Thank you.

27. Gekidami

I assume its this guy?

Never heard the name but its obviously someone from here.

28. spiderLAW

Geki
    Add me to PSN and ill give you info there when i get home.
    my PSN is the same as my username here.

29. Gekidami

Ok then. Lucky adding a friend isnt case sensitive. :P

30. spiderLAW

Lol…so i guess you did it already then, seeing as my cases are all over the place right? lol

31. Gekidami

Yeah i added you already.

32. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@26 i hear ya man.

I actually just ordered my copy off ebay from UK for what ended up being $67 USD. Not bad actually, may take a few weeks to get here, but it’s shipping immidiately and ya gotta wonder with the japan earthquakes, I wonder if they’ll change the game at all, or even cancel it! You might wanna order a copy quick too before they jack the prices up and/or they’re all gone!!

Could end up being rare collectors edition!

33. OlderGamer

Again what spiderLaw says. I need a stamp/macro for that. Getting to be a regular thing Mr. Law. Kudos.

#22 nails it right on the head.

And for the record I agree it should be slightly delayed. That makes sense. But then again releasing the game and offering a portion of the sales as JP donations as Tea said makes sense too. As for the rest of what Tea said … well…not going there it is a bit harsh man.

I am more concerned about the well being of the people of japan and the human effect then I am about a video game.

Donating sales makes sense, but now is not the right time to release, imo.

34. OrbitMonkey

@33 You want a stamp/macro of this?

“Europeans seem to think they know jack shit, when in reality they really know everything”

That is sooooooooo sweet of you! <3 x x

35. DeathJynx

What a bunch of buttholes you guys are. Haha

36. spiderLAW

@O.G. Ill make you one lol.

37. tenthousandgothsonacid

I wonder if this is because the EU won’t get it til after that, or because whatever made it a month later to start with still stands (eg production limits, server constraints etc) ?

38. Syrok

@37: It’s available in most countries in Europe.

39. Gekidami

Yep, just saw it on sale today.

40. tenthousandgothsonacid

@38 @39 I realise that :)

What I meant was UK.

It was odd that the US date was a month after the UK date to start with.

I was wondering if this now meant the UK date had been pushed back more than a month or the US date is always going to be a month after the UK date and it’s slipping in sync ifswim.

41. Tallon 4

I bought the games last wednesday ( Holland ).
    Though the demo was quite bad, the full game is really great!
    There are some soundbites with should have been patched though.

At one cutscene in the game shouts “there goes Tokyo”, as she kicks a little cardboard town. That is really the only thing that raised my eyebrows.

42. Ireland Michael

@41 Really?!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re delaying the game specifically to cut out that cutscenecutscene and replace it with a new one. That means they’d have to reproduce all the Blu-rays as wl.

Knowing a scene like that is in the game, I can definitely understand why they delayed it.