Rocksteady: Arkham City story could be finished in 8 hours

Tuesday, 15th March 2011 13:50 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Batman: Arkham City marketing manager Dax Ginn has said the main game will take up to eight hours to finish.

Ginn told Gamerzines, however, that it’ll take up to a day to complete the Rocksteady actioner when branching off on other things.

“Our QA guys can straight-line it – so not doing any of the side missions and just sticking to the core narrative path – in about eight hours,” he said.

“If you’re exploring and trying new things, obviously that adds a lot to the experience and the game time. I would say for a normal player who knows their action-adventure games, between 20-24 hours.”

Ginn added: “We don’t want to make these huge games that take a huge chunk out of your life. We want to tell an amazing story that you can really enjoy and not feel like you’ve got to take six months off work in order to get through it.”

Warner dated Arkham City last Friday for October 18 in the US and October 21 for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Maximum Payne

Just like Assassin Creed 2 if you ask me.Main story wasn’t long but you free-roam,side quests,finding chests,tombs and game take you 20 hours.I wish if game have some kind of challenge mode like first one.

2. EscoBlades

Sounds good. I have the utmost faith in Rocksteady!

3. YoungZer0

Here is hope that the next Batman game is going to take 6 Months to complete.

4. osric90

8 hours is ok, not very long, not very short. I can’t wait to beat up the story and spend months getting every single extra and rewards (videos, models, images, etc.) First game got me finishing it 100% and it was a blast, I enjoyed every single second of that game. Brilliant, I want this, this now, now, now, oh, now, yeah, now.

5. DeathJynx

8 hours is always too short. $60 for a one day expirence… id rather go to a theme park and then the movies and maybe some dinner on the same budget.

6. Maximum Payne

^^ That is only main story you have side quests which i think is going to be as good as main quest(just like in Gta or RDR) Also have you played Batman:AA ? Game suck you in for exploration and finding those extras.

7. Gadzooks!

The speed run time is pretty irrelevant.

The first game was so well crafted that you really wanted to hoover up all the collectables, complete all the riddler puzzles and basically hang around and soak up the great atmosphere.

8. Moonwalker1982

I guess AA could be finished in 8 hours too,but i spent 12 hours on it. And even after finishing, i spent some time collecting everything.

9. DeathJynx

Im not trying to troll or nothing this is definitely on my must have list. I just think the dev has the wrong idea for length. With a game like this I don’t think we’ll ever wanna put it down.