EA gushes on how lovely Dead Space looks on iPad 2

Tuesday, 15th March 2011 15:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dead Space is now available on iPad 2 complete with “enhanced graphics”, according to EA.

The game also shows off iPad2′s “capabilities as a gaming platform,” and the game “showcases the power of the iPad 2, bringing the psychological thrill of this award-winning game to players in new ways,” said ES Mobile senior VP Travis Boatman.

“The faster core and graphics capabilities of the iPad 2 open up possibilities to reach new levels of quality in EA’s games never before seen in a portable device like this,” added Boatman.

The publisher also mentioned that Dead Space for iOS earned a 94 Metacritic rating.

Via CVG.

1. DeathJynx

So sad…

2. theevilaires

just a matter of time before Apple releases a bluetooth controller for these things and they call it their own console that can connect to a larger display via micro HDMI or some other apple cable.

3. ManuOtaku

# 2 well the rumor of apple designing a home console, are not new, but they pop out from time to time, so maybe one day they give us the “surprise”.

4. Erthazus

@3, after this http://images.macworld.com/images/opinion/graphics/138404-pippin_original.jpg disaster they won’t do it.

Because there are a lot of rumors…

but iPad2 can be a serious THREAT to consoles and it’s great in my opinion. for a lot of people it is not, but for me, a gamer who likes the best performance it’s fantastic.
    Apple likes to update it’s device with new revision. I’m tired ot shitty graphics on PS3 or 360. Old 2004-2006 bullshit.

iPad 2 already have Dual core processor and nice graphics card.. Next version of it will be better then XBOX 360 or PS3.

5. lexph3re

Erth they said their best looking handheld game ever. Not best looking dead space ever. These graphics more then likely still don’t compete with the console ports. And, with the current handheld market being ds 3ds and psp its not hard for ipad 2 to beat those 5-6 year old tech in the handheld market. You should wait until ngp comes out and its a direct battle between that and ipad 4. Because God knows apple will release 2 more within the next year. Smh.

Erth the closest the handheld market is going to get to consoles on graphics will be ngp. Because its acctually the tech of ps3 condensed. So if your so tired of the graphics of suppsedly 5-6 years(seeing how its only been a year that devs have actually started tapping ps3. And 360 is practically tapped out) I think you should just stick to upgrading your pc buddy.

6. Joe Anderson

I take it the original ipad is being forgot about now then, that didn’t take long eh Apple?

7. spiderLAW

Im affraid so. Looks like the only love the original iPad is going to see is ports of iPhone 4 stuff.

8. Joe Anderson

@7 I still love my ipad, don’t use it for games anyway, just bbc iplayer, good food magazine and looking for a house hehe.

9. _LarZen_

Im glad there are coming more and more “serious” games to the iDevices. I love to play games on all types of devices so for me as a gamer and fan of all nerdy stuff this is a win win situation.

Fanboys and troll’s wil ofc find something bad about it and express it in the usal trolly ways….

10. lexph3re

What about that crazy kamahame ha he’s doing in the pic?lol

11. HighWindXIX

While I can appreciate the additional audience and revenue stream that iOS and Android games can bring to a publisher, I myself find very little interest in such games. Angry Birds is great. Because I got it for free. Touch screens are great for many things but not all games work on them. Just look at the DS and how many games would actually be better without forced touch screen controls. Ok, I’m done, rant over.

12. monkeygourmet

I would love an iPad 2, although I am a gadget freak and it looks like far and away the best tablet on the Market right now. Although, I would hate to have to see Nintendo, Sony et all have to change the way they have to Market and distribute there games and products based on Apples model…

I wonder if any of the next gen machines will feature a detachable tablet you can take with you when you head out? Maybe MS as they don’t really have a handheld out yet… I would be surprised if the Ps4 didn’t have an NGP dock on it somewhere.

13. mogulmedia

Actually on iOS it scored 84%not 94% – http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/dead-space-for-ipad