Shadow Complex 2 will happen, but not on iDevices

Monday, 14th March 2011 00:48 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Chair Entertainment creative director Donald Mustard has promised a sequel to XBLA hit Shadow Complex.

“I’ll put it this way. More Shadow Complex isn’t a question of if, it’s a question of when,” Mustard told Eurogamer.

“Shadow Complex is our baby and we love it dearly and, y’know, we’re working on some cool stuff. That’s all I can say.”

But not on iDevices, apparently.

“I still cannot think of a way that we’d be able to bring over the precision controls [to touchscreen devices] that Shadow Complex needs to be amazing,” Mustard explained,

“… Shadow Complex is designed for a controller. I’m not a fan of trying to shoehorn console controls onto touch screens. They don’t feel right. You just lose so much precision.”

Mustard had previously commented that Chair has “sweet ideas” for Shadow Complex 2.

Thanks, CVG.

1. Blerk

Rah! \o/

2. StolenGlory

Completely agree with this. Slidey, oily thumbs on what can best be described as a less than fully accurate ‘touch-surface’ is not a good way to play the game.

I’m glad Chair have realised this :)

3. mogulmedia

Fooking wicked!

Oh Chair you’ve made my day!

4. Shonak

5. Quak0r

If you can play PC games on consoles you can play console games on iDevices.

Now stop searching excuses and start porting everything to everything!

6. StolenGlory

You’re right – in that you CAN, but would you really want to?

7. Quak0r

@6 I didn’t want FPS to be on consoles but the market decided otherwise. I’d say the same thing happens now for iDevices.

But on a less fanboyish note: if you can create a good control setup for the iDevices i would see no reason why not to do it. I know upsetting the status quo can be a scary thing :D

8. theevilaires