White Knight Chronicles II, White Knight Chronicles PSP coming westbound

Wednesday, 9th March 2011 15:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s announced that White Knight Chronicles II and White Knight Chronicles PSP will both be making western releases.

The Level 5 RPG PS3 sequel released last year in Japan, with a PSP release, Dogma Wars, now renamed for its European version: it’s to be called White Knight Chronicles: Origins in its latest form.

In order to play WKC2 in Japan, players had to finish the main storyline of WKC1. But in order to help with that, it included the first game with the sequel. It isn’t mentioned on the EU PS Blog if it’ll be included here.

WKC2′s release here will feature a campaign over 30 hours long, as well as “a fully redesigned, dynamic new combat system” and ways to customise your own attack strategies and combos. As well as that, you’re able to build your own town again, as in WKC1.

In Origins, which Level 5 isn’t involved with, you’ll be able to co-op with up to four friends for the entire campaign.

No release dates yet for either game.

1. FredEffinChopin

Yes!! I was afraid that poor reviews (and likely sales) would mean we’d never get to see a sequel. Great news!

2. Ireland Michael

First game was a bit shit. I’ll pass.

3. nikk900

The first game took a while to get into, but it was a very good game. A lot of rpg’s to get through at the moment though, I’ve got dragon age 2, two worlds 2 and the witcher 2 to keep me occupied.

4. lexph3re

I liked the first one. My only quarrel was it was to open of an rpg. Made it difficult to focus on the story when you could immediately create a viliiage co-op online etc. If It can be a little more focused on part 2 it would be a huge improvement. And, I heard the psp version uses a different system then the console because your fighting against the knights. I can’t wait to see how it looks

5. KrazyKraut

folks….awesome news. The first one was nice, not perfect but nice.
    It plays a little bit like FFXI/FFXII and I really like it.

Damn..but first Witcher 2, the WKC2

6. BloodyJoe

What is it that Lev5 releases this in the west and Namco still refuses to bring us Tales of Vespreia PS3 us!

7. Rosseu

don’t think about getting the psp version. I’ve seen the jap one and it plays shittier than Lord of Arcana. And looks shittier too.