Mafia II 75 percent off on Steam

Wednesday, 9th March 2011 10:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Mafia II’s gotten a hefty 75 percent off on Steam as part of the service’s Midweek Madness event. The 2K actioner is now a fiver, with the deluxe edition a tenner. Cheap is for the win, so do it. Offer ends at midnight GMT on Friday.

Thanks, Evil Avatar.

1. thesamy

this game kinda sucks..i dont think it worth even that lol

2. triggerhappy686

^^ LOL I fecking loved it. Each to their own I suppose. I gave it to my friend and he wouldnt even put it on, he says it “looks shite”

I loved the atmosphere, music, graphics (1080p on PC). Voice acting was spot on too.

I think some people went into this expecting a title to rival GTA, its not an open world game, it just pretends to be ;)

3. Maximum Payne

Yea its not open world to explore it is more story driven game.

4. strikkebil

the game sux but with that price u should still get it. man i whish sony and xbox were a bit more competetive on pricing like steam 8/

5. Sorvin

Somehow I can’t get £5, $7.5 and 10€ to match up :<

Gotta hate the conversion rate they use…

6. blackdreamhunk

I sm playing mafia 2 right now and personally it’s kinda tame on the romance part

7. DSB

If you can handle the fact that the story is pretty much just ripped from either Goodfellas or Godfather or any other coming of age gangster tale, it’s easily worth 10 euro.

I got it at the holiday sale, and it was definitely good for as long as it lasted. But a sandbox, it ain’t.

STAY AWAY from the DLC. It’s worthless.

8. Stardog

I got it for 75% off in the earlier sale and it’s not even worth that.

Another game ruined by console-focused development.

9. ManuOtaku

Well i like the game, so at these price i say to everyone go pick it up what are you waiting? “_O

10. _LarZen_

A great game at a great price. This is for gamers that like a good story and atmosphere most braindead fps games aint even close to match.

What are you waiting for? Go get it!

11. Dralen

For the price you can’t really go wrong.

12. triggerhappy686

@ _LarZen_ – +1, my friend only plays FPS, mostly COD. I find these games mindless or braindead as you said. He says he “Fuc**ng hates 3rd person” and he hates anything where you need to “drive to the next shit mission”. He also skips EVERY cut scene then turns round and asks me “what is it we’ve to do again?”

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I played Mafia 1 on PC and enjoyed it immensely. Based on this, do you think I’d enjoye Mafia 2 on PC as well? I’m strongly considering buying this tonight! Thx!

14. DSB

I gave up on the first Mafia due to the vehicles, but basically Mafia II is a good game with an extremely cliché (but ultimately good enough) story, sporting some great combat.

It’s easily 10 euros worth, especially if you like open world games. Just steer clear of the DLC.

It makes you a little sad that they didn’t do more with it. Between Sicilly and [Not New York!], you could really make a lot more game, and they definitely nailed the mechanics.

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster