Homefront online pass priced for PSN

Wednesday, 9th March 2011 21:54 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Homefront’s online pass will set owners of a second-hand copy of the game back £6.29.

CVG spotted Homefront’s “Battle Code” listed on the PlayStation Store; the European equivalent is asking €7.99. Xbox 360 pricing seems yet to be determined.

New copies of Homefront will include a single-use Battle Code, but those who pick up a used copy will need to purchase one to get the most out of multiplayer.

Without a Battle Code, users will be capped at level five. Not a great place to be when more experienced users are sporting 75 dings.

THQ’s new online pass system is similar to that used by EA in recent titles such as Dead Space 2, and Mass Effect 2′s Cerberus Network.

Homefront launches on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 next week, with a Japanese launch at the end of April.

1. AHA-Lambda

“Xbox 360 pricing seems yet to be determined.”

surely it’ll be 800 points?

2. DeathJynx

Well the only plus side I see is maybe used games prices will drop. With games like red dead redemption still only $5 cheaper new. It is making used games more expensive then new. @ gamestop anyway.

3. pukem0n

800 points are 10€, so 8€ should be 640 points or so

4. metamorphic

@DeathJynx: Why the hell would you buy any used games from Gamestop? They are way overpriced at everything. In fact, I am sure you can find many brand new versions of games cheaper on Amazon than the used versions on Gamestop. Utter joke.

5. AHA-Lambda

@3 – no 800 points are $10 which is also €8

6. Goliath

I had planned on renting Homefront but I think now I’ll pass and hedge my bet on Crysis 2.

7. artdafoo

Some info I came across about HOMEFRONT’s MP

” Redistribute somebody’s lobes across nearby furniture with the aid of a sniper rifle, for instance, and the Commander may invite you to pop three more heads in return for stat buffs or gear. Take the mission, and he’ll alert a member of the opposing team to your antics. ”

Can this game be any more noob freindly ? So if I’m sniping the crap outa the other team the game will auto alert them ? Fuck, what happens if I get 20 kills in a row ? will it just put a huge red x over my exact position on the mini map ? This game’s MP is a fail.