Analyst: Homefront to ship 1.5 million units at launch

Tuesday, 8th March 2011 15:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Lazard Capital analyst Colin Sebastian has said he expects 1.5 million units of Kaos shooter Homefront to ship at launch next week.

Speaking in a note ahead of the release of this week’s NPD release on Thursday, Sebastian said fellow shooter, DICE’s Battlefield 3 had an “early positive read.”

For the NPDs, he said to expect a 5-10 percent decline in software sales YoY from $634 million.

More on Gama.

1. KAP

A game with guns mixed with doom & gloom? us westeners will lap it up.
    *sigh*

2. Rain

I’m excited for this one. Killzone 3 was a disappointment(Haven’t played it myself yet,judging by reviews)

3. Ireland Michael

@1 Yeah, sadly.

4. freedoms_stain

I like the look of Homefront tbh. But I want to play it before I buy it really.

5. OrbitMonkey

I originally had a lot of hate for this game, then I made a new years resolution not to irrationally hate on games before release. Now from what I’m seeing, Homefront could be the start of something rather good. Not groundbreaking, but a fun frag fest (war atrocities & civilian genocide aside).

6. Night Hunter

And one of these 1,5 Mil is going to be my copy

7. Erthazus

I will buy it. I want to try it. I think singleplayer can be something special or maybe not. Who knows…

8. Xuchilbara

@2 – YOU are what is wrong with the gaming community these days… Please just shut up until you have actually PLAYED the game you are bashing.

Homefront looks terrible IMO, there was one trailer that looked cool, but the gameplay looks very dated, and the MP looked exactly like a standard COD rip off with vehicles on maps that are way to small for them. I will wait and see I guess…

9. Erthazus

@8, chill out. It’s a new IP. You should give it a chance and after that rant on it if it is bad.

10. Ireland Michael

@9 Or maybe some of us are just tired of the same trite Bad Dudes vs. The USA First Person Shooter crap over and over and over and over… and over… again.

11. Xuchilbara

@9 – I didn’t rant on the game being bad, I ranted on all the trailers except one being bad. I will have to actually play the game to find out if it is bad or not :)
    But, from what I have seen it looks like COD gameplay with a different story.

12. Ireland Michael

@11 I never thought I would find a game with a story more pretentious and “trying too hard” than Call of Duty, but Homefront succeeds.

13. Razor

@2 KZ3 is a disappointing game but you haven’t played it?

lolwut

14. Cozzy

When I fist heard of this I wasn’t interested at all but every post I see makes me want it more and more.

15. spiderLAW

Bargain bin. Really. Well, maybe if i get it off somebody on craigslist for $35 while its still new i might consider it. But not before i finally get my hands on Dead Space 2.

16. DrDamn

Gameplay I would expect to be more like Frontlines (their previous game). This was a lot closer to the Battlefield series than CoD in how games played out and did feature some very sizeable maps in which to use the vehilces. Frontlines was enjoyable and had a lot of good ideas, was just a little rough round the edges though.

I’m still in two minds about this one. Would like to play a demo first.