It’s true – Killzone 3 did max out all of PS3′s SPUs

Sunday, 6th March 2011 22:29 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Killzone 2 famously used only 60 percent of the PlayStation 3′s latent power, but when Guerrilla finished with Killzone 3, they were hard pressed to fit everything in.

“By the end of Killzone 2, we had a lot of people on the team who were pretty comfortable with [coding for SPU use],” Guerrilla’s Michiel van der Leeuw told Eurogamer’s Digital Foundry, speaking of the Cell processor’s 32 Synergistic Processing Units or SPUs.

“So it was just a natural progression for us to continue using it. We got to the point where they were all full though, so we had to optimise our SPU code quite a bit to fit it all in at the end.”

Van der Leeuw’s comments come in opposition to an earlier statement from managing director Herman Hulst, who said he’d learned a lesson from Killzone 2 to never claim a hardware’s potential had been fully realised.

Guerrilla utilised the Cell’s oft-overlooked SPUs for a number of processing tasks, taking the load off the PS3′s dedicated systems.

Killzone 3′s physics, for example, were optimised in collaboration with Havok to use SPUs rather than the physics processing unit.

Various graphical processes including anti-aliasing were also shifted over, leaving the graphical processing unit free to be pushed in other directions.

The extra processing available in the SPUs also allowed Guerrilla to ramp up the game’s scaling AI.

There’s plenty more good reading through the link above, even if you’re not the techy type.

1. Erthazus

I played the singleplayer of it and when i finished i said wow… You need to be disabled to make something like that and use 100% of the hwardware.

It’s like they made it on purpose so PR Team could say that it is awesome. Team ICO, Naughty Dog and Sucker punch puked hundred times while playing it.

Campaign is at the level of Call Of duty but with better script moments and with the same shitty story, while Multiplayer is a very interesting thing. Still, not enough for me to play the shit out of it.

2. onlineatron

HA!: http://i56.tinypic.com/v3iwcn.png

3. thesamy

LOLOL tron u shold be a journlist or somthing

4. Telepathic.Geometry

Erthazus has maxed out my brain’s processing power. I can’t understand what the fuck he’s saying. Good? Bad? Drunk?

5. Hunam

I think he says the game is shit. Which it kinda is. KZ2 was way better.

6. tracertong

These comments are so weird. I mean, I guess it looks fine, for 5 year old hardware like the PS3. So good job there. But does anyone really care about 5 year old hardware anymore? We’re moving on, ya know.

7. strikkebil

more power maybe, but not a better game. KZ2 was so much better.

8. Ireland Michael

@2 Hahaha. Well played, sir.

@6 This is an approach Sony has been taking for years, since the days or the original PS1. They know the fanboys lap up this stuff like crazy.

Remember the whole “Saddam Huisane was importing PS2 to help launch nuclear weapons, because it’s that powerful” crap? Yeeeeeaaahh…

9. xino

GG should stfu man…they keep saying ps3′s power is maxed out yet someone from GG says it’s not! They said the same to Killzone 2 now Killzone 3.

Anyway Killzone games are FUCKING shit!
    Killzone 3 is so disappointing and it’s nothing more of a over hyped game! PS fanboy only hype the shit up because it’s their own PS Halo:/

The gameplay brings nothing new or unique, mostly hiding behind cover and shooting….HOW AMAZING THAT IS!
    All Killzone is all about is the fucking graphics…nothing more!
    Story was lame…seriously they need to hire a better script writer for the games.

Multiplayer is so broken in so many lvls, once the update rolls out and I get all trophies, then I’ll sell the piece of shit!

10. osric90

God, please let there be a Killzone HD Collection after or before this releases.

11. Dralen

@9 I like how you say “Killzone game’s are shit”, so why the fuck did you buy Killzone 3 in the first place. You sir are a troll. So STFU!

12. Gigabomber

I’m with Erth on this one. Game was subpar and simply frustrating at points, and KZ2 was more interesting. Course I still think MW2′s SP is king by a mile so we differ there.

13. xino

awww typical psfanboy defending it’s exclusive.

why did I buy it? how would I know the game would be a piece of shit?
    now you’re speechless like an idiot you are.
    And I bought the game because of the amount of marketing Sony put up for the game as if it won’t fail, like the PS Access= free games+drink+food. That alone is convincing to support GG+Sony.

report says Killzone 3 did not even surpass Killzone 2 launch sales…why is that!?
    because there are better games that presents themselves as a better FPS and offers something unique!
    Killzone is just a run+cover+shooter. I don’t like Bulletstorm and don’t intend to buy it, but heck people enjoy that shit more than Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm offers more unique and new way of playing FPS.

the next Killzone to come out…killzone NGP what ever will not even surpass Killzone 3 sales. Because Killzone is just another generic shooter!

MW may be generic, but heck it offers an amazing hollywood style story! I only play MW games for it’s story not multiplayer.

GG really needs to step their fucking game up. Killzone 3 has lack of unique designs to it, just the same designers from Killzone 2 who only focused on graphics+3d+move and did not introduce new thing.
    Ok you play as a Helgast…but seriously what does that offers? NOTHING.

From this experience..I won’t bother to get Killzone 4 unless designers work hard and introduce ‘new’ features to the game!

14. Brenna Hillier

@2 good spot! I’ve edited the article to reference that.

15. HauntaVirus

That seriously made me laugh out loud!

I really do love VG24/7, I’m on here sooooooooooo much checking out the news. It’s the only website that actually keeps up with all the little bits of news throughout the day, and of course the major stuff too.

16. Crysis

@13, You play games JUST for trophies? You sire, are pathetic.

17. YoungZer0

I think the amount of retards on VG247 is getting bigger and bigger by the day.

18. ninjanutta

Saying its shit is just utter shit,The multiplayer is far ahead of COD for the fact that its not full of kids because its too tacktical and you have to play as a team to win.
    Its not perfect by any means but its in no way shit,thats just bollocks,and also if its so shit,why are you playing the arsehole out of it for a platinum trophy?are you 12?

19. Moonwalker1982

Really? MW2? I actually found that so dissapointing and especially short. A few cool parts but that was about it. Now i haven’t played the SP of Killzone 3 yet but i really enjoyed the MP and SP demo of it. And people in here calling it shit have no idea what they are talking about. So just because its doing nothing new, has an uninteresting script, etc…it’s shit? Wow, how many shooters out there actually have amazing scripts anyway and which ones are REALLY doing something new?

20. YoungZer0

@19: Exactly.

21. Shonak

@13: Nah, I think Bulletstorm just sold more copies than Killzone 3 because the installed user base is quite much higher, after all its Multiplattform. I have not played those two games yet so I don’t know which one deserves more sales though.

22. Moonwalker1982

The impression i got from the Sp demo was that it’s full of action, great atmosphere, nice little details like footsteps in the snow and such. Great ragdoll physics, good working cover system. Amazing graphics, A.I. was good enough.I found it so much better than KZ2 actually. KZ2 was a big dissapointment in my opinion, this one seems to bring more variety.

23. YoungZer0

@22: I really liked it. Though the story is rather slow, the action and all the things you mentioned make up for it. You’re actually beginning to like Rico.

I say rent it.

24. scrambles_the_deathdealer

@13 ………… seriously, have you even played this game? and if so where? the wal-mart you were hanging out at afew days ago before your mom said it was time to go? At a friend or relative’s house? I say that because I have no idea where you get the notion that you play as the helgast and then you follow up with ‘what does that offers, NOTHING. ‘ THIS sir, makes me certain that you presented that as a major ‘fact’, and that you truly do not own a copy of the game. You seriously have no idea what your talking about. That your you got the attention span of a grasshopper.

**SPOILER**
    Anyone that even made it to the end of the 1st level knows you are no helgan, it might seem that way but everyone thats read your comment and played this game has laughed at your silly attempt to look insightful on the subject, even any 360 guys that made it past the 1st level. go hang your head in shame elsewhere, you have failed.
    **SPOILER **

@5 yeah i guess your right it is 5 yr old hardware and I should not give a damn. Now imagine how I feel about the 6 year old piece of hardware people call the 360, thats right, if you go there, I go there. You know who gives a dayum though, game developers. They are pretty much against any new hardware for now, now that they are really showing how far this generation’s hardware can be pushed.

@8 i think your talking about the USA navy hooking up PS3s together because it would do so many calculations for whoever knows what reason they used that tech for. If Im mistaken, find proof and I’ll do the same, just much quicker cause I don’t got to get up to pull it out of my ass.

@18 don’t you love how KZ3′s melee attacks make COD knife attacks look like a joke? I like COD but with Black Ops taking the lunge out of the knife attacks it looks just plain silly now.

As for people calling others fan boys, what the hell does it even matter what somebody else plays? I can sit by and just read what misinformed crap people say but its been going on for too long in my eyes. So instead of resorting to name calling like most of you do, I would rather expose the huge holes in you logic. Grow a damn sack people and let others enjoy themselves. I will admit what KZ3 could have used was ‘another Radec’ to kill. Must still be a great game if someone on here called it ‘PS’s Halo’. THERE SHOULD BE NO ROOM FOR HATE IF YOU LOVE GAMES!!!!!!

25. scrambles_the_deathdealer

@21 when I went to pick up my copy I bumped into my cousin who was getting Bulletstorm. More than anything he was talking about getting into the Gears beta than he was talking about Bulletstorm. I got no problem with that, it looks like a fun game (B.S. *short for Bulletstorm*, i’ve never checked out Gears) but the demo started to feel kinda stale after a while for me. Its a real shame too because I love the guy that does Frank ‘The Tank’ Dempsey’s voices in Zombies. Think I’m going to have to just save my cash instead for another wise-cracking badass, Duke Nukem!

26. Crysis

Anyone disagree with me when I say Killzone 3 has the best cover system in an FPS?

27. Kerplunk

I’ve not played KZ3. However, if it’s half as entertaining as the discussions of its merits/faults then it should be a giggle.

28. spiderLAW

Nope. KZ3 is amazing. the best cover system in an FPS. I just dont understand the people saying its “shit” or that KZ2 is better.
    KZ3 has improved on everything that was KZ2. How can it not be better?

29. Dr.Ghettoblaster

All I read was “Killzone 3 is shit” then i had to comment.

Far from it, one of the most detailed and submerssive games I’ve played this gen.

Literally blown away.

Astounding.

“Piece of shit” is definitley stretching the truth.

30. xino

here comes the ps fanboy trying to defend their first party exclusive game Killzone 3.

=HomeFront is looking better than Killzone 3 in terms of story!
    =Bulletstorm may have childish script with all the swearing and bull but the gameplay brings something new and fun back in FPSes.
    =Crysis 2 the Be Invincible/Faster/Stronger is not actually new as it was present from Crysis 1 though, it’s good we could utilize it in Crysis 2 to the max.
    =Killzone3- run+cover+shoot…lame story.
    =MW games- intriguing Hollywood style story.

I enjoy the Justice Killzone 3 trailer more than the damn game itself!

@Crysis
    you and your mom can go stfu.
    don’t fucking reply to my comments bitch.

31. spiderLAW

You get angry quite often. Why?

32. Crysis

He’s a child, & a dumb one, no further explanation needed.

33. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@30, I know you’re not calling me a fanboy cause I stated KZ3 is impressive. I’ve owned almost every system since Atari 2600, I have no system preference. I’m a fan of awesome games and Killzone 3 is definitley one of em.

34. xino

did I mention names?! i guess you must really be a ps fanboy when ever that word gets mentioned because you answer to it.
    please tell me exactly how Killzone 3 is awesome…without it’s graphics:/

I really do not see the purpose of the Bolt gun!
    One shot kills an enemy so what is the point with the dart exploding!???

The vehicle bit when you ride on the ice was so terrible! The control doesn’t even handle well.

I feel that GG could have made this game better though they are to support it with 3D and Move. Without those additions the game would be better.

Killzone is nothing but over hype.
    If killzone is not over hype then someone list me the features why Killzone deserves it’s hype!

35. xino

keep letting your ego flow on the internet son…let it flow.
    I guess you must really suffer from autism…you can only make friends online. Go on share your gamertag with them and make some friend son.

nothing but a fucking pussy and high self etseem like other assholes on these site.

36. Crysis

You’re the one personally insulting others for no reason what so ever, I’d be surprised if you had a single friend with that attitude, you don’t swear & abuse others because you don’t like what they say, grow up.

37. YoungZer0

@35: Lol, how about you compare you comments to comments of the others and compare who’s the douche-bag with the ego. Fucking retard.

38. Crysis

@Xino, you think everyone is out to get you, truth is you’re annoying & subconsciously seeking attention by claiming bullshit, like calling everyone who praised the game a PS fanboy because you hate it, maybe the game is good & you can’t simply accept that people have different opinions.

39. xino

personally insulting others? OK who did I insult!?
    I’m saying ps fanboys will defend Killzone 3.
    So how exactly is that an insult? if you are not a fanboy you wouldn’t find them insulting. Not to mention that I never called out any names!

If I said “Crysis the ps fanboy will defend Killzone 3″ then OBVIOUSLY I’m calling you out as a fanboy.

If I say ps fanboy will defend it…who are the fanboys? did I put down ‘@number???’ or names. Stop TRYING to instigate things.

“I’d be surprised if you had a single friend with that attitude, ”
    With what attitude?

” you don’t swear & abuse others because you don’t like what they say, grow up.”
    OK…so who am I abusing and swearing at?
    oH…YOU MUST MEAN YOURSELF RIGHT!?
    Ok…listen and get this through your thick skull!
    If you don’t want to start trouble don’t fucking retaliate to the person.
    You called my name as one of the trolls that should be banned. If I am a troll, why the hell are you replying to me!?

you are the one to grow up…so don’t tell others to grow up. You grow up first and then tell others to grow up!

Like I’ve said…you are the troll of this place, you start arguments and instigate arguments. You are the one that should be banned!

Proof that I am right, you love to start argument.
    Calling me a kid is another proof of instigating the argument.

40. xino

just shut the fuck up and you pet your mom.

I’ve already said if Killzone 3 deserves the hype then someone should list me the features why it deserves such hype?

no one hasn’t done so yet, but all I’m seeing is argument.

If no one can list the good features why Killzone 3 deserves 8/10 and above, then surely I rest my case.
    “killzone 3 is nothing but over hype, ps fanboys clearly hype it because it’s their own Halo for ps3″.

41. Crysis

I didn’t say that you’re one of the trolls who should be banned, you never read my comment properly, I said guys like you, Erthazus & Theevilaires would be too harsh to ban.

42. Crysis

here’s proof of my statement that you never read then insulted me about: “banning somebody who says something childish or irritating from time to time like TEA, Xino, Erthazus & Kuwabarra is too harsh”
    If you didn’t act like an abusive little child I wouldn’t have added your name, but the fact is you are.

43. xino

oh maybe motherfuckers like yourself are the ones that instigates arguments and causes us to abuse assholes like you.

Makes sense right?

if you don’t like someone, don’t TALK TO THEM!

If I was one of the people that should be banned. WHY DID YOU REPLY TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE? And you expected me to insult you?

Why can’t you leave me alone and let me rant about how garbage Killzone 3 is and ps fanboy should defend the game.

You contradicted yourself. Stop trying to find ways to prove you are right. You are not right mr high self esteem!

So exactly how was I acting childish that you included my name previously?

listen you should be banned! You are a troll and a plague to this site! You do nothing but instigate matters. You call people child/kids as if you are a fucking granddad.

““banning somebody who says something childish”
    “He’s a child, & a dumb one, ”

So…HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW WHEN SOMEONE MAKES A CHILDISH COMMENTS!?
    You must be a full time parent for you to know how child act.

Listen man… anonymous visit this site and they know wtf is going on.
    I’ve exposed your truth again.
    You are the one with the problematic high self esteem. you try to make yourself feel bigger all the time by calling people child (like many members do here!). I’ve proven that with the above quotation.

You are the troll and plague that should be banned! While you are banned, you should go visit a psychiatrist and sort out your internet high self esteem!

I vote you should be banned, you really need to fuck off this place.
    I hate seeing your comments as it instigates matters and you act as if you know it all and call everyone a child.

44. Aimless

In all honesty I haven’t read most of the comments attached to this article as they were accelerating my growing misanthropy, however I don’t think it’s been pointed out that Guerilla’s statements aren’t contradictory.

You have “maxed” something when there is no longer room for improvement, whereas both Hulst and van der Leeuw talk about how optimisation and new approaches can free up resources and boost efficiency. As such the headline is disingenuous.

45. Crysis

“if you don’t like someone, don’t TALK TO THEM!”
    Yeah, I here you, but you spent 10 minutes typing 1000 thousand words to me, immature hypocrite.

46. xino

sorry…but I type fast. 80wpm, I have no problem with it!
    Nice failing comeback!

How is typing 1000 words immature? oh yea to own you further, if I was a childish kid, why would I even be capable of typing 1000 words? If I was a child like you call everyone else, shouldn’t I be swearing here and there, and using the ‘Gay’ word?

Exactly how is typing 10000 words immature?

and how am I an hypocrite?

listen. Just don’t reply to ANY of my comments!
    if you do..you are the freaking troll looking for trouble and to once again start an argument!

further ado. Killzone 3 is garbage!
    If it’s not…if anyone else disagrees, list me the features why it deserves the hype.
    Listing the feature will not be a waste of time, but it’s to counter my complaint towards the game and if I don’t see those features as ‘awesome’ then I’m not a real gamer!

47. Dr.Ghettoblaster

My last comment towards Xino.

That’s all I”ve got for you platform Nazi.

48. Syrok

“Yeah, I here you, but you spent 10 minutes typing 1000 thousand word”

“sorry…but I type fast. 80wpm, I have no problem with it!”

If you guys have to argue for no justifiable reason at least get your math right.

;)

49. Crysis

@48, lol!

50. YoungZer0

@46: You seem to be lacking any sense of understanding. I bet you fail hard at school.

51. Crysis

@50, Well yeah, he skipped half my comment & replied only acknowledging the small part he read.

52. xino

“Besides it’s ASTOUNDING graphics, the game has fantastic play control (I was just noticing this the other night while aiming long distances), as well as the running and cover system. Also the sound is amazing, and the overall feel of the weapons is very impressive and fresh. Such a nice change of pace from the over done war FPS.”

don’t other FPS have the same thing?
    fantastic play control? last time I checked Killzone 2′s control was much better and realistic for it’s recoil feedback. So how exactly is this “less realism” version better?
    Running and Cover system!? so “running” is now a BIG aspect in Killzone 3 as one of it’s features? Wait don’t other FPS have cover systems!?
    Overrall feel of the weapon? what feeling? this is killzone 3 not killzone 2, the recoil is gone.

hahahah defendant!

“If you can’t recognize ANY of that, than your just a shit gamer is all and CLEARLY have bias against this landmark PS3 title.”
    Sorry but I only own ps3 at the moment and I greatly support it and call it the better system than Xbox 360.
    what is your point? because i dislike Killzone 3 I’m a nazi?
    what…what is your point in this
    “Your annoying because if ANYONE compliments KZ3 (or in your case, any PS3 game;), you go apeshit (see above).”

CONTRADICTION MUCH?
    If someone dislikes Killzone 3, defendants like you are the ones to go apeshit and defend the game like your bread and butter.

The examples you’ve listed are the same thing every other FPS does!
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 has better sound effects than killzone 3.
    Crysis, BulletStorm, Halo 3 all have great graphics. YOUR POINT?

@Syrok?
    “With 80 words per minute you would need 12 and half minutes to type a 1000 words.”

does that include typing a word from paper and typing from the mind?

please mind your business or do you want to jump in this discussion?
    and you don’t mind me asking…how fast can you type?

53. scrambles_the_deathdealer

“If you don’t want to start trouble don’t fucking retaliate to the person.” so we are just supposed to take everything we see on this site without any discussion at all? WTF is wrong with people? If there were no exclusives at all we would still hear someone going, it run/looks/ sounds better on my system, and thats just sad. As for your argument for run/cover/ shoot that makes Killzone 3 what FPS doesn’t make you do that if you want to stay alive? Put a video of you dominating in COD without running or taking cover, and not on recruit. I can only come up with Bioshock because you wake up in that chamber evey time you die or if you have good plasmids you can kill with true skill and thought. Bulletstorm looks fun, but the demo got old too quick. I can over simplify it too exactly like you did KZ3. Let me see, Bulletstorm = environmental kill, regular gun kill and charged shot kill. That was super easy, BUT I NEVER DO THAT, for two good reasons. 1) its a insult to the devs that worked hard on the game and 2) its an insult to anybody that enjoys the game.

Talk all you want about call of duty, the game that only tweeks its engine, its the same game engine from COD 2, that game is from 2005, if you don’t believe me look it up. I saw no article about this site what so ever. Here let me do the work for you. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/291588/news/modern-warfare-3-new-engine-would-be-counter-productive-infinity-ward/
    Go ahead and defend them when they have been doing nothing but riding a hype train for years with their 4 hour long story modes and ancient tech. All they want is your cash, or did you think they put out COD out every year cause they love you?

54. Syrok

Well, if you say you can type 80 words per minute than surely you must know the answer to your first question. I can’t possibly tell you how the process of you writing a post looks like.

No, I really don’t want to argue about the quality about games, certainly not with people who are as defensive about their opinions as those posting here. ;)

55. spiderLAW

I agree with Aimless #44
    Thats exactly 100% correct

56. lexph3re

Feature that make killzone 3 worth it to me.
    1. Proximity mines and turret placements.
    2. Hand to hand melee that not only makes since but is reversable.(non of that stupid cod run threw a persom hit the knife their dead)
    3. Jet packs
    4. A balance of team base and solo multiplayer(you don’t have to soley rely on your squad but if you can things still work out great0
    5. A story mode that utilises more then one run and gun aspects.
    6.even though you said don’t list is I am graphics are superb.( you don’t ask for what quality a game has then start stripping good things about it out. That’s purposely tryin to set up a fight because you think its in your favor)
    7.completely improved controls as well as customisable placements(that way if you love cod, bs, rfom, or whatever you can have your personal fit)
    8. The purpose of an exploding dart when that’s a one hit kill? A group is aproaching you shoot one in the middle and have an after explosion hit the rest. Its like bowling
    9. Intricate class system online that enable nice alternative functions like engineering, medic, infiltration. What’s better then being invisible? Making you opponent think your friendly then wipe him and the rest of his squad out.
    10. If these aren’t enough for you to feel this game is a breath of fresh air from the cod and halo HYPE you just don’t need to be playing it.

57. xino

@syrok
    listen man…you are viewing the Word Per Min in ‘definition’. Have you even taken a speed test or type testing ever?
    I don’t think so because if you do you would know that 12mins as nothing to do with 80wpm.
    What about thinking of a word or what to say? shouldn’t all that contribute to the minute taken to type? What about mistakes?

“I have no idea how fast I can type, and honestly I don’t see the relevancy here unless you are trying to “win” another little skirmish of no importance whatsoever.”

no because I just want to prove to you that you don’t have valid EXPERIENCE on typing fast. You only understand the term through the meaning! Just like i said typing from a paper or from head? Which case you don’t know the answer and provided this:
    “Well, if you say you can type 80 words per minute than surely you must know the answer to your first question. ”

That is not an answer:/
    I guess if a teacher asks you similar question, i wonder wtf you would really say. That is not a reply.
    If you know this is not important seriously why fucking quote me in the first place? stop trying to act like a smart ass!

It’s like all these bunch of idiots who talk shit about game development but don’t even know the process of building games.

“As for your argument for run/cover/ shoot that makes Killzone 3 what FPS doesn’t make you do that if you want to stay alive? ”
    sorry I don’t understand that english or what you’re trying to say. Are you saying every other FPS uses that mechanic? Yes i know other FPS requires you to take cover to stay alive, but Killzone 3 makes sure you do so quite often. Try playing it on the hardest difficulty and you’ll just see how many times you take cover. The game is so slow as well.
    And I read an article that not many people finished Killzone 2!
    I am not surprised!

“Bulletstorm = environmental kill, regular gun kill and charged shot kill. That was super easy, B”
    what is your point exactly?
    my point is that Killzone 3 offers nothing new in terms of FPS. I forgot to mention earlier what Killzone 3 did offer was the JetPack.
    Bulletstorm shows a new way of playing FPS which is by killing with point and style. If you fail to see it this way then you are a typical consumer who just games and argue about games 24/7. I on the other hand is on a verge of being a Game Designer, that is why I know what is good and bad and I’m complaining why killzone 3 sucks. If you all just think I’m a Killzone 3 hater,why did I buy the game in the first place? Why did I even buy the Collectors Edition?

“Talk all you want about call of duty, the”
    Who is banging about COD? I haven’t even played Black Ops yet. You clearly do not even know wtf I am talking about:/

Stop trying to argue! You didn’t even read any of my post, you are just repeating yourself and trying to make me repeat myself.

58. xino

you know the funny and hypocrisy thing is.
    I am complaining Killzone 3 sucks.

Yet these people take it as an offence and jump as a defendant.

Seriously, I give a fuck what I think about the game?
    can’t you just ignore me?

if you must prove me wrong and defend Killzone 3 so much doesn’t that make you a ps fanboy?

to further own some n00bs here who acts like smart ass.

80+wpm.
    look at the time I submitted this and my comment @57.

59. spiderLAW

Thats less than 80 words per minute. Its closer to 50wpm

60. Cozzy

Well I think KZ3 is pretty good :)

61. Galactic_Barret

Hilarious. I’ve never seen such an angry gamer in a while. Going ultra hard to completely discredit a certain game and a certain sect of gamers is so beyond pathetic. Really, without pretense, how old are you? It would be interesting to know if there is an specific age group that goes bonkers over trivialities like these.

I mean, I have a life; Bitching and moaning over a solid game thats main fault is that is does nothing new shows terrible prioritizing. Using any COD title as an example of the opposite shows poor judgement.

But do continue, its pretty funny watching one Guy getting so worked up.

62. xino

@Lexphire
    good post…

1. The grenades are good but game needed more grenades plus I hate the way the character throws the grenades. Throwing grenades was designed for time of exploding/setting it off.
    2. The melee is definitely a good thing
    3. Jetpacks were good but could be done better since Halo Reach has Jetpacks:/ But I won’t complain, it’s nice it has Jetpacks.
    4. Multiplayer is the worst garbage I’ve ever played next to COD. Everything is completely broken, I like the article Sarcastic Gamer wrote.
    5. Story mode sucks, just about Nazi AKA Helghast. Did anyone spotted Hilter in the game? The captain of ISA is a douche, I won’t spoil anything here.
    6. Graphics are great no doubt, I never complained about them, but every FPS I’ve ever played all had great graphics so this is nothing new.
    7. Controls are good because of the Move but many are having problems with the aimming. I don’t think you can customize the controls, many console games lack control custom.
    8. Nice makes better sense. But I never encounter enemies that group together. The A.Is are all over the place, ducking, advancing towards you, and flanking.
    9. Great class but all broken! Why have a sniper to go invisible and jam the enemie’s radar? WTF? that’s even worst and promotes camping. This is why assholes from COD are infesting Killone 3 online.
    10. Yes I won’t get the next Killzone, Killzone 3 lacks new concept and new designs! GG spend their time to improve the game on MOVE support and 3D support.
    11.playing as a Helgast, nothing new…was so lame. There is a part in the game that proves bad story telling and I won’t spoil anything.

We’ll just see how Homefront fairs in terms of reception.

63. Cozzy

@62 I have to disagree with you on the multiplayer, I think the classes are great and I really enjoy all the different perks you get. I mean what other game allows you to pretend to be the other team? Also, broken? What’s broken because I haven’t encountered any problems, it plays just fine? The story is ok. A bad plot and a bad script but some of the gameplay elements in it are extremley fun but they’re just so short. Graphics are fantastic obviously.

64. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Hey xino,

There’s no way in hell I’d waste my time reading your ridiculous lengthy comments cause your dumb ass ain’t worth it. But get this.

The reason why you’re being such a prick here is because you say KZ3 is shit. You may not like it, and that is totally cool. whatever. but to say it’s absolute shit and throw all these ridulocous insults at it cleary indiciates you have ab-normal issues and are probably still pre-pubecent.

That’s like me saying James Camerons Avatar is complete shit. I may not like the movie, but I will at least admit the production quality is at minimum, slightly above average.

65. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Or to put it simpler…XINO

your insulting and putting down of the game, rather than stating why you don’t like it, speaks volumes about your intelligence level.

The reason I chose to defend the game is because I think it’s fantastic and certainly above average accomplishing more than many other FPS’s have.

66. xino

have you been spending time on the multiplayer?

1.the shotgun is not overpowered?
    2.being invisible and jamming other people’s radar is not broken?
    3.running around disguised and even stealing other people’s name is not broken?

Sorry but this is TERRIBLE game designing!
    1. You have 18 i believe ammo for Shotgun, 1 clip takes out an enemy. What about the other guns? I will need to get headshots 100% all the time so i don’t have to scavenge for ammo crates. That is not balanced!
    2.So if we have 16 players in 2 teams. 4 people are snipers, wouldn’t that make gameplay hell for the opposing teams? Because snipers jam radar at 15m radius and if 4 are scattered across the map, they will bound to jam the radar wherever you are:/ OH WAY! The snipers are invisible so it makes it hard for you to hunt them!
    3. To make sure you are not an enemy disguised as my team mate, I will need to shoot at you and melee you every single time I see you, is this balanced? Sorry this is the worst designing ever and who ever approved these idea should be fired!
    Because it allows team mates to friendly fire all the time just to make sure you are not an enemy disguised.

if the multiplayer is not broken for you, then that’s good to hear.

67. YoungZer0

Some people just need to get laid, that’s all.

68. God

“It’s true – Killzone 3 did max out all of PS3′s SPUs”

More to come there is.

69. scrambles_the_deathdealer

Ah typo, i ment that you said killzone 3 -run/cover/shoot or ‘run/cover/ shoot makes up Killzone 3′ ”Are you saying every other FPS uses that mechanic?” I wouldn’t call it a mechanic, but yeah, any game on atleast hard (and i would certainly hope on the hardest difficulty) should have you taking cover like your life depended on it. It would be hard for me to think of one 1st or 3rd person shooter where you you don’t have to be behind cover to stay alot on the hardest difficulty. You sure you don’t mean there are too many enemies shooting at the same time though the whole game? It sounds more like that really, because there are a shitload. The game is slow movement or storywise? I think the movement is fine, I had no problem with the heavy feeling in 2, but I welcomed something new. I actually am surprised to hear many didn’t finish 2, need to look that up, I had no prob with finishing it on elite and getting the top level in MP,

“Bulletstorm = environmental kill, regular gun kill and charged shot kill. That was super easy,”what is your point exactly? ***that your over simplifing it and anyone can do that without even trying***
    ** its a interesting game, it got my attention early but the only real variety are in the environmental kills. If they were going to be innovative spread it all around. after 10 min I can do every different type of kill i can do with a gun, including the ones that involve doing the whip. All thats left to do is see the the environmental kills. it still looks fun but felt like a chore after a while and then i realized i was just playing to find a new thing to kick my enemy into. its not a bad game, just shallower than promised **

**sure you are, and sure you did, nothing but opinions and nothing that can be proven in that**
    “Talk all you want about call of duty, the”Who is banging about COD?
    **I am talking about COD, you say Killzone 3 is nothing but hype. the fact is that its changed more drastically in two games than COD has in 4 and didn’t you say it had a hollywood story line? We talkinging about that ridiculous jump on the snow mobile? yeah, ‘hollywood story line’ it sounds like you sell games at gamestop rather than being on the verge of being a designer, give me a break **

70. spiderLAW

No the shotgun isnt overpowered. Its just like a shotgun should be. From far it takes several shots to kill somebody. From 10ft to closer, it destorys a body with a single shot. Sounds about right to me.
    Just like an assault rifle has range and so does a sniper.

judging by the depth of perception in the game:
    The Light Machine Guns have poor accuracy at long ranges but they can reach 75yrds max.
    The assault rifle has a 50yard range max with decent accuracy.
    The sub machine guns have a 25yrd range max with pretty good accuracy.
    The sniper rifles are 100+yrds range with almost perfect accuracy.
    Shotgun 10yrd range with multiple shots needed to take down an enemy with poor accuracy and slow fire rate.

Its pretty spot on really.

71. Cozzy

@xino

I’m guessing you meant 63 and yes I have spent time on the multiplayer as a matter of a fact. I’ve had it a week and I’m a gold captain. The shotgun is not overpowered, It’s exactly as it should be, terrible from long range and an instant kill from close. There is nothing wrong with the being invisible and jamming people’s radar. The whole point of those perks is to allow snipers to be hidden and it adds a unique aspect to the game. It’s something that other fist person shooters don’t offer. The infiltraitor’s ability to take another player’s name is a great idea. It’s a fun way of completing missions and again something new that only killzone has to offer. Your point about how you must shoot your own team to find out if their the enemy or not is also not really a problem, it’s not as if friendly fire is on like in Halo and you can easily betray your team. I get the impression that your a little kid who isn’t very good at the game so has come on here to have a bitch and moan, which is emphasised by the fact you said you have to “get headshots 100% of the time to not have to scavange for ammo crates.” Has it not occured to you that you are also able to use these “broken” perks and abilities yourself and that maybe if you tried to enjoy the game for what it is and what it has to offer then you might get some new and good experience out of it and if it really is that bad trade it in and get anohter game to play.

72. xino

it is called mechanic or game mechanic. Game mechanic is how a game plays.

I meant the pacing of the game is quite slow.

“sure you are, and sure you did, nothing but opinions and nothing that can be proven in that”.
    and opinions can be viewed at a different perspective in terms of right and wrong.
    I may tell GG that making the sniper invisible will give the sniper more freedom to kill and make it frustrating on others. While someone with a different perspective will say, no it will be cool because no one can’t see the sniper, you have to trace the shot.

“I am talking about COD, you say Killzone 3 is nothing but hype. the fact is that its changed more drastically in two games than COD has in 4 and didn’t you s”
    Seriously apart from the story line! It had mechanics and bits that were just too cool man!
    Medal of Honor even copied some bits off COD. Infinity Ward did a banging job with MW games! I have yet to try Black Ops.
    I haven’t played Reach yet but I can tell GG must have copied some bits off Reach. With the space battle and Jet Packs. But I wouldn’t bet on that.
    COD offers hollywood style: running in Brazil (how sick was that!?)
    the bit with Cap Price when he was young and you had to defend yourselves.
    In MW2 whereas your partner was caught and the armies were about to shoot him, you had to press a button to blow up an aircraft that distracted the armies.
    The nice ending.
    The No Russian.

come on man! That is the kind of shit I want in Storymode Campaign!
    I hope HomeFront offers similar experience!

“yeah, ‘hollywood story line’ it sounds like you sell games at gamestop rather than being on the verge of being a designer, give me a break”
    is that so.
    just wait till I start making my games. I’ve been playing FPS since Doom. I know how it all evolved with the latest features added and taken off. And this idea I have for my game which is a FPS is about bringing the fun back in FPS! And mind you…it’s a different way of playing FPS.
    Bulletstorm is on the path of doing it right, and I can’t remember where I heard this from. But someone said that every FPS are too serious which is true!
    This is why Duke Nukem & Bulletstorm are what is bringing the fun back to FPSes!

73. xino

are you sure? because at close range I shoot people and sometimes they don’t die. But standing from 10feet away I get gun down by a shotgun. And there’s a topic on this at Killzone.com forums about shotgun being overpowered.

“The whole point of those perks is to allow snipers to be hidden and it adds a unique aspect to the game. ”

Sorry that’s a bad design! In a multiplayer you shouldn’t allow people to be hiding and camping! That’s the problem with todays FPS multiplayer stages, they have varieties of design that allows people to break the game.
    The more I see these problems the more I get fuelled and just can’t wait to make my game. If you played Battlefield 2 either Console or PC. You’d notice just how many damn people play as Snipers! There are days when almost the entire team are snipers and not doing the objectives!

If you give a sniper ability to be invincible or prone. The sniper will do nothing but go to the furthest bit in the map to map people. Sniper will not contribute to the team but care about having a 6 kills and 0 death in a match!

Recently Brink dev said that snipers will be frustrated in Brink and this is something I’m proud off and happy about!

” it’s not as if friendly fire is on like in Halo and you can easily betray your team. I get the impression that your a little kid who isn’t very good at the game so has come on here to have a bitch and moan, which i”

and there I thought you are a civilised gentlemen who is willing to have a clean discussion. But I didn’t know a whore mother raised you to be a disrespectful asshole. You deserve that insult because I don’t see the point in getting offensive and calling me a kid.

I won’t bother reading the else. And next time son of a whore, learn to use paragraph.

I’ll say it again…this place is full of disrespectful assholes.

74. YoungZer0

@73: And you’re one of those people. Tell us, please, what did you do to earn our respect? Besides from randomly insulting people who disagree with you.

75. Cozzy

@74 Thanks YoungZero

@Xino

YoungZero is quite right, you haven’t done anything to earn our respect, you’ve come on here and been childish, insluting the game and insulting those who don’t agree with your point of view. The difference between you and me is that I haven’t used foul language to insult someone because they see things differently to me. I made that comment so trhat maybe, just maybe, you’d understand how childishly you’ve behaved on here. You call me disrespectful and then proceed to use language that just shows you up. Oh, “learn to use paragraphs,” learn to spell and punctuate correctly before you tell me how to write.