THQ has confirmed that its newly-made Montreal studio is to co-develop the Homefront series with Kaos Studios in New York.
Speaking at GDC, senior VP of core games Dave Davis confirmed the new shooter franchise, due to kick off in two weeks, won’t just be made in NYC.
“Wherever the talent is, we will have our studios,” said Davis at a roundtable event. “There isn’t a talent pool — most of the people we have there are imported to NYC.”
But despite the news, Davis doesn’t forsee a closure of Kaos in the future, although admits that it’s already worked with the Montreal studio in a smaller sense with the first game.
“When finishing Homefront, we had about 10-11 people who helped shipped the original Homefront,” he said. “And that was talent that we got from Montreal that we couldn’t get anywhere else.”
Yesterday, core games boss Danny Bilson said it was looking at all the options that was on the table currently for Kaos in regards as to if it would disband and join the Montreal team.
The new Canadian studio was founded last year. At the time, it was confirmed that it would handle at least one new IP with the option for either another or to look after a current existing THQ IP. Teams will be headed up by GM Dave Gatchel and ex-Assassin’s Creed boss Patrice Desilets.
Homefront releases on March 18 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.