Rumour: French OPM to reveal a new zombie game next month

Friday, 4th March 2011 03:06 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The next issue of the French Official PlayStation Magazine will reportedly feature a zombie-themed cover, and the publication is apparently claiming a previously unannounced title will be revealed.

Play France spotted the magazine’s art reveal, as well as some auto-translate garbled tease text for the April issue.

“Frissions guaranteed! Exclusively, the editor of the magazine has managed to break ground. The legend of horror. A title that can wake the dead and to shiver the living pleasure, here is what awaits you next month,” we are told.

The art has since been revealed as that of the European PS2 cover of Resident Evil: Outbreak, which adds a hefty pile of salt to the story – although it’s not unprecedented for magazine art departments – and publishers – to recycle old assets.

2004′s Outbreak was the first, often-forgotten Resident Evil title to feature online multiplayer, although those features were stripped from the PAL territory release.

Thanks, Gekidami. Via Scrawl.fx.

1. JimFear-666

not another one…. eww

2. triggerhappy686

Nice. I just finished 5 + the DLC again recently so im definitely pumped for another one. Although the multiplayer (if there actually is any) is a bit of a turn off for me :(

3. onlineatron

ZOMBIESRCOOLRITE?

4. Crysis

I don’t get why people say that there’s too many zombie games, the survival genre has been shrinking for quite some time, honestly can’t remember the last good survival game I’ve played this gen, unless Dead Rising counts but the only part that I struggle to survive is the psychos, the actual zombies are laughable, but that game’s shooting mechanics were really daft, as is any other Capcom survival game.
    I don’t get what’s so hard about fusing the survival genre with traditional mechanics =\

5. mathare92

How apt is that I watched this just yesterday? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVpUzjB3w3I :D

6. Dimacorgan

@5 Mega64, they just frikkin rule!