Tue, Mar 01, 2011 | 07:37 GMT
Tuesday Shorts: FFXIV, Monster Hunter, EA and BigPoint double team, more
With all eyes glued on GDC, you’d think the rest of the news would have the decency to keep quiet – but no. Hit the break for loads of tasty snippets.
- Bit.Trip Runner, the fourth of Gaijin’s six-part series, has arrived on Steam.
- Some clever clog has put together a multiplayer mod for Gothic II. Gamefront has more details.
- Big Download has a new trailer for Heroes of Might and Magic VI, which drops in May from Ubisoft.
- You can buy the Dead Island trailer music on iTunes now, D’Toid noticed.
- Microsoft’s annual Dream Build Play XNA competition has kicked off, with $75,000 up for grabs.
- Destructoid has an exclusive trailer for XBLA title Skullgirls. Asymmetrical fringes abound.
- Massively reports on new armour sets coming to Final Fantasy XIV. Snazzy.
- There’s another trailer on MLB 11 The Show’s Pure Analog system on the PS Blog.
- GoNintendo flagged some grim comments on the unlikely addition of more Megaman games to the Wii’s Virtual Console.
- But in other Capcom news, “the future is bright” for Monster Hunter fans.
- Eighties arcade game Burger Time is getting the Monkey Paw remake treatment, according to an ESRB listing.
- Gamespot has the official trailer for Mount&Blade spin off, With Fire and Sword.
- EA and Bigpoint have joined forces to distribute Play4Free branded games, starting with Lord of Ultima, globally.
- Ever wondered what a 3DS’s innards look like under a microscope? Wonder no more.
- Voodoo Extreme has some screenshots and a developer diary for Elemental spin-off, Fallen Enchantress.