Sonic 4: Episode 2 in “early development,” says Sega

Monday, 28th February 2011 16:32 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sega’s confirmed that Sonic 4: Episode II has now entered into the early stages of development.

Speaking in a thread on the Sega forums, Sonic 4 brand manager Ken Balough have dropped a couple of tidbits of info so far, like Sega of America and Sega of Europe are collaborating with each on the game.

Episode 1 also did well enough commercially for the company, according to Balough, adding it now knows how many episodes it’s going to do of Sonic 4. He wouldn’t specify how many, though.

Balough also admits that some elements of Episode 1 could have been better, but Episode 2 will respond to these issues.

There’s more over on SonicStadium.

Sonic 4: Episode 1 released last October for PSN, XBLA and WiiWare.

1. Michael O’Connor

It won’t be hard to improve on the first one, considering just how god awful it was.

2. Suikoden Fan

my biggest gripe with the first one was it was just bosses from the first sonic games rehashed, i love those bosses yes but i wanted new bosses, and NEVER EVER put that fucking robot from sonic 2 into a sonic game again, that guy is and was a fucking bitch. I remember when i aced sonic 2 on the mega drive with all emeralds, and that boss almost stopped me but i just did it.

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I thought 1 was ok, but this rinky dinky episode shit is stupid.

4. DaMan

Episode 1 was crap; slow, shallow gameplay, poor controls and crappy level design. a poor rehash of the old games.

5. PEYJ

I don’t feel too robbed after watching this. Just didn’t look or feel like a game. A somewhat different version of that digital girl or woman you could ask questions and get answers from. Only with more variety. But to actually talk with a digital character just doesn’t seem very interesting or exiting.

6. PEYJ

How the hell did I end up in this post??? I never even freaking clicked on it!!! Just ignore my comment in number five, it was meant for the article about Milo.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@headline

Well with a subtitle such as Episode 1, I’d sure as fuck hope so.