GTA V hints in domain registrations, stuntman resume

Monday, 28th February 2011 04:16 GMT By Brenna Hillier

We don’t need the official announcement to know Grand Theft Auto V is coming, but a handful of domain registrations and a mention on a stuntman’s CV are here to whet your appetite.

GrandTheft5 turned up five domain registrations attributed to Rockstar’s parent company, Take Two Interactive.

Aficionados will recognise the flavour of Rockstar’s regular bouts of tie-in marketing, which sees the company hosting real-world equivalents of the websitse, hotlines and email addresses featured in-game.

Four of the new sites were registered at the end of January, with one – LifeInvader.com – nabbed as early as January 7.

None of the websites contain much beyond placeholder pages – yet. See the full list below.

Meanwhile, stuntman Declan Mulvey told CVG that a credit in Grand Theft Auto V found on his resume was just a typo – but Joystiq points out that the actor’s profile on the admittedly patchy IMDB makes no mention of GTA IV work.

Thanks, GoNintendo.

• CashForDeadDreams.com
  • SixFigureTemps.com
  • StopPayingYourMortgage.net
  • HammersteinFaust.com
  • LifeInvader.com

1. Blerk

I’d like this for Christmas please, Rockstar! :-)

2. Maximum Payne

^^ You are going to have Batman:AA which i think is going to hit like Assassin Creed was sandbox wise.

3. Blerk

I am going to have Batman, yes. And no doubt Saints Row 3 as well. But that doesn’t stop me wanting more GTA. :-)

4. Erthazus

@1 Dream about that. So much good games packed in this holiday already. 2012 only.

5. Blerk

Yeah, I don’t think it’ll actually happen.

6. Dralen

I just want this game officially announced. And I don’t want to get hit by a bus the day before this comes out, a week after release I could live with, but I would be a really pissed off ghost if something happened to me before this comes out :P.

7. OrbitMonkey

I can’t be the only one who thinks GTA is a big pile of “meh”? Come on who’s with me? *tumbleweed*
    Oh… kinda lonely out here… :(

8. Blerk

Burn the witch!

9. typeface

@7 Well I’m not extremely fond of GTA4 if that helps :P. Nor 1 or 2 or San Andreas.
    I liked 3 to an extent and Vice City was extremely enjoyable.

I’m indifferent to 5 unless it changes things a bit and is set in a more enjoyable environment. Hype levels = miniscule.

10. earlyrock

Ahh takes me back to the good old days of GTA 3. petsovernight.com :)

11. Blerk

Heh – petsovernight.com is still live! :-D

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Oct 2012 sounds about right..