SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs bundle announced, includes Eye, Move, more

Friday, 25th February 2011 17:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has announced that the Full Deployment Edition of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs will be available for $149.99 in the US on April 19, which is the same day the standard edition of the game launches.

This Limited Edition bundle includes the game on Blu-ray, a Move controller, a navigation controller, a PlayStationEye camera and the PlayStation Move sharp shooter.

“Given the high level of anticipation for SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs, we wanted to provide the most immersive offering to fans of the franchise, who seek to experience the next evolution of motion gaming,” said SCEA’s John Koller in the press release.

“With the precision of the motion controller and the intuitive design of the sharp shooter, PlayStation Move delivers on that promise. When used in tandem with the stereoscopic 3D support for games like SOCOM 4 and Killzone 3, it results in an experience only possible on the PlayStation 3 system.”

Upon release, SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs will include high definition 3D support and cooperative multiplayer.

No word on a date elsewhere in the world, but it will be called SOCOM 4: Special Forces outside the US.

1. Erthazus

I looked today at gametrailers for SOCOM 4 information and i really like it.

I know that a lot of fratboys will miss it because casual COD steal their precious hours but i will get SOCOM 4 first day. Not much of a tactical shooters these days on my PC.

I hope that community will be somewhere close like in the PC.

2. theevilaires

FUCKING SOLD! :D Just for the box alone!

3. Tallon 4

Don’t make the mistake to buy the sharp shooter.
    I bought and is really hard playing KZ3.
    You can’t strafe properly and are very slow.
    It also is heavy, so I returned it to the shop.

Sure, it looks great, but with the nav and move alone it plays a whole lot better. But if you don’t believe..try it for yourself and spend $39,99

4. BloodyJoe

Played Killzone 3 today with move and the sharpshooter on elite. Best modern warfare feeling ever. Ok it takes a lot of training to get good at it. But man, its like being in the game! Best thing ever!

5. theevilaires

I got this one Tallon 4 http://www.consolesandgadgets.com/catalog/images/Shot_3_Precision_Gun_for_PS3_Move.jpg

from Amazon a few weeks back but haven’t used it. I have used the MOVE on the KZ3 beta demo and I have to say I wasn’t impressed but then again I didn’t calibrate everything perfectly either. Right now I’m playing KZ3 using my DS3 and 3D in its entirety first then I’ll try out the attachment. Hopefully that sharp shooter thing works better with SOCOM 4.

OFF TOPIC: MW3 will use these thing for sure and Kinect also.

6. Tallon 4

@Theevilaires: If you don’t like to play with move, you won’t like it with the Sharp Shooter or Eagle3 I’m afraid. I was pumped to get my hands on it, but ads a matter a fact it feels heavy and it’s very annoying to turn/strafe.

I tried it about 5 hours in a row and kepty tweaking and I thought I was to blame. But then I read on GAF that other chaps also had problems playing it. It looks great in the youtube vids, but in real life it makes the game unplayable…at least for me.

7. NeoSquall

@3 Aiming dead zone, buddy. Do you know it?

8. DrDamn

You do have to mess about with the Move options to find something you get on with and then persevere a little but once it gets more comfortable you’ll start seeing some benefits. In particular I found mid to long distance accuracy was better than a pad, along with fine adjustments. I don’t get on so well close quarters or in more confined spaces but it will be my control method of choice for shooters which support it.

Incidentally I adjusted the dead zone to 30% and upped the sensitivity a little too.

9. BraveArse

Same here, 30% and higher sensitivity seems to be perfect, 20% is a little too much IMO. TBH I’ve never been good at close quarters stuff anyway so , for me at least, it’s all good. The accuracy at mid to long range is superb. If Socom nails this then I’m sold.

10. Tallon 4

Move works like a charm. But the sharp shooter sucks.
    But hey, that’s just my opinion.
    If you guys spend 39,99 on something that doesn’t work, I don’t care.
    Mind you…I’m not the only saying it doesn’t feel good.

quote from GAF (Shag 187 ). This guy nailed it:
    ———————————–
    MY COPY OF KZ3 ARRIVED!!!

And…. I’m returning Sharp Shooter tomorrow. What a POS this peripheral is. I can’t shoot for shit, I can’t turn for shit, I can’t reload for shit, I can’t melee for shit.

When you try to get comfortable, the damn shoulder rest isn’t big or comfortable enough.

When you finally get a grip of the controller, the pump action is so sensitive that resting the controller pulls the pump and thus you shoot when you don’t want to shoot. The lock button should be added to the damn pump and not move button.

It’s hard to use the navigation controller especially when it’s all the way in the front and it feels like you’re pulling on a bow and arrow. Add the lackluster pump action to it and it’s a nightmare. Whoever decided that adding the reload button on bottom is fun is a fucking asshole. Add it to the side of the cartridge!

Best of all, it is fucking tiring!

Don’t buy it expecting it to be all fun and games.
    —————————————————–