Battlefield 3′s “Back to Karkand” map pack detailed

Friday, 25th February 2011 05:16 GMT By Nathan Grayson

So you’ve pre-ordered Battlefield 3. You made the commitment. It wasn’t easy, but you parted with that inconsequential sum of money like a champion. So then, the moment of truth: what’s in it for you? Blasts from the past or ugly memories you’d rather have stayed buried?

Posting on its official forums, DICE detailed the content of Battlefield 3′s day-one Back to Karkand map pack. Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, and the Sharqi Peninsula will be making returns, the developer said.

Meanwhile, when asked if more old favorites might receive the ol’ necromancy treatment, DICE responded with a “can’t comment on any of that at the moment. Sorry.” Being glass half-full types (or cold, angry cynics who refuse to take anyone at face value – take your pick), we can’t help but notice that it definitely wasn’t a “no.”

1. Yoshi

Sexual! Wake Island, Strike at Karkand and Gulf of Oman were brilliant. I was never much a fan of Sharqi Peninsula but I didn’t hate it either :)

2. Toastrules

ZOMG! I love those maps, mostly Wake and Sharqi.

I am preordering NOW.

3. mojo

Karkand!
    not karkland

4. Moonwalker1982

Damn, for a minute i hoped it would have a NYC map, nice for some variety, but i guess not.

5. YoungZer0

@4: I heard it was going to include a NYC map. Paris was also mentioned.

6. Yoshi

Why would this pack include new maps?
    NYC and Paris maps (if there are any) will be included in the game not from a preorder pack which is focused on BF2.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I can’t tell if these are free or not, but they better be for pre-release map pack announcemnt that may as well be on the retail disc.

8. NeoSquall

I wonder if we can actually destroy the hotel in Strike at Karkand this time around, given the amount of snipers that used to climb to its roof to snipe.