More Resident Evil:Raccoon City rumors surface

Thursday, 24th February 2011 19:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

New rumors regarding Resident Evil: Raccoon City have surfaced, thanks to The Kartel, and according to the site, the game will indeed include a multiplayer component.

Last year, it was rumored that SOCOM: Confrontation developer Slant Six was working on the title, and it would be a “team-based” affair. Capcom, of course, would not comment on the matter.

According to The Kartel, none of the previous RE characters seem to be in the game, and if heading back to Raccoon City, not only is the title going back to the franchise’s roots a bit but could possibly even be a prequel. Time will tell.

We’ll mail Capcom. But don’t expect an admission.

Thanks, Hell Descent.

[pic]

1. Erthazus

Prequel?

Same stuff like DMC?

=\ god…

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

While you’re emailing Capcom, any chance you can inquire as to the PSP exclusive Resident Evil that was announced E3 2009?

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

REALLY like to know what ever happened to this…

4. spiderLAW

@2…probably saving for NGP.

@1 No, this will probably be more like Resident Evil Outbreak.

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@4…..that’s exactly what I’m afraid of. Ahh hell. Who I’m kidding…I’m probably gonna get the PSP2 anyway.

6. YoungZer0

Oh man, this is getting me excited. The idea of RE: Outbreak was fantastic, there really was a survival horror- and a teamplay-aspect to the whole thing. The execution was flawed, but i blame the last console generation on that. With PS3 and 360, what can go wrong?

Love to see it go back to Raccoon City, love that City.

7. mojo

“What can possibly go wrong”
    Yeah dude.
    sure.
    since when do u play games exactly?
    no offense mate ;)

let me tell u: a shitload!

8. YoungZer0

Just shitting myself actually, i know a lot can go wrong. But i think a lot more would go wrong if it would still be in Capcom’s hand.

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Here’s a few ideas Capcom can do that wouldn’t require too much work and should be profitable.

How bout Capcom giving us the two RE Chronicles Wii rails shooters the Dead Space Extraction treatment, but on one blu-ray? I’d pay up to full price on that one ($59.99)

Also think it’d be cool if Capcom brought the GameCube RE1 remake over to PSN/XBLA with widescreen support. Hell, even without it I’d buy it. My gamecube is buried in storage.

As for the above topic game, never cared at all for Outbreak series, so I hope this is nothing like that.