UK charts: Black Ops charts re-enters top spot, MvC3 just behind

Monday, 21st February 2011 09:30 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Black Ops has shot back to the top of the UK charts, with Capcom fighter Marvel vs Capcom 3 entering as a new entry behind it.

The Treyarch shooter saw a 192 percent increase in sales to re-enter at number one.

Last week’s number one, Test Drive Unlimited 2, fell to four, just behind Dead Space 2. FIFA 11 rounds off the top five.

Full top ten for the week ending February 19 is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch, Activision)
  2. Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Capcom, Capcom)
  3. Dead Space 2 (Visceral Games, EA Games)
  4. Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Eden Games, Namco Bandai)
  5. FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
  6. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
  7. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
  8. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! (Nintendo, Nintendo)
  9. Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition (Rockstar North, Rockstar)
  10. LittleBigPlanet 2 (Media Molecule, Sony Computer Entertainment)

1. Suikoden Fan

its moments like this that makes me hate people, rehashed shit, gets top billing against something thats unique.

2. Blerk

Heh heh, Marvel vs Capcom 3 is unique? :-)

3. Suikoden Fan

its damn siight more unique than yearly rehashed cod

4. Suikoden Fan

also forgettting the capcom side you dont see many marvel fighting games

5. NeoSquall

@Blerk: Surely it’s more unique than Call of Duty 7

6. Blerk

I’m only messing. :-D

7. NeoSquall

Silly you :V

8. Suikoden Fan

@6 oh, ah, umm, damn you *walks off*

9. Dralen

I tell you what makes me really sick. When you go into a game store and you see kids chatting about “have you played GTA or Call of Duty: Black Ops?”. You shouldn’t even be allowed to buy it!! Pricks!! Sorry /rant.

10. StolenGlory

No, no I agree with you – totally. When I was the store manager of my local GAME store, I would refuse countless kids 18+ purchases only for their parents to come to the counter and be completely indifferent to my advice that the game is not suitable for their child.

It makes me sick too mate.

11. The_Red

The really sad thing is that not a SINGLE game in there is non-sequel. All of them are sequels though to be fair, MvC3, LBP2 and DS2 are at least worthy titles.

12. G1GAHURTZ

There’s nothing “unique”, whatsoever, about a 1v1 beat em up involving Capcom.

I’ve been playing them for close to 20 years.

CoD is brand spanking new by comparison.

13. NeoSquall

@10 “But yet, you can’t say anything because you get the usual ‘Are you saying i’m a bad parent?!” line.”

I’d frankly reply “Yes, if you allow your child to play games not suited for their age.”