Ace Combat Assault Horizon: story movie shows nightmare’s face

Monday, 21st February 2011 10:07 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Namco’s Ace Combat series will never die. Judging by this latest footage, that’s a very good thing.

There’s plenty of story-based stuff in this trailer, including mention of NATO, fallen heroes and a brief glimpse of what’s presumably an arch villain.

Namco’s pegging Assault Horizon as a “complete rebirth” for the vintage arcade flight shooter, with the game being set in an “enthralling war drama that spanned the globe with a web of intrigue.”

Word to the wise: keep an eye on it. Best falling-apart planes in videogames.

It’s out for PS3 and 360 this year.

1. Suikoden Fan

I just completed Ace Combat 6 last night, imo that game was so much better than both hawx games which just plain bored me

2. Johnny Cullen

Last Ace Combat game I played was 5. Still have it too, I think. One of my favourite PS2 games. Definitely a good game anyways.

3. Suikoden Fan

@2 my only worry with this game is its using real life countries, when i played 6 i liked the fact it was all made up

4. RandomTiger

@3 Really? I know I wont miss Gracemeria and the Golden King

5. Suikoden Fan

~4 oh it was no means perfect but i’d rather have fictional events and places than the real world

6. DSB

Sukhoi 25′s getting some love? Looks like someone picked up Flaming Cliffs :P

I bought Fires of Liberation and had a few good hours with it, but I’m a little disappointed that they stick to that middle of the road where the game isn’t balls to the wall action, but also not close to realistic.

It makes it seem a little confused to me.

Someone needs to make an arcade flier that makes you feel like Maverick and Iceman. Yes, I know there is a Top Gun game, but it was pretty much the same thing.