Sat, Feb 19, 2011 | 22:07 GMT
Saturday shorts – Presidents Day promos, Fruit Ninja sales, Civ V patch, Zelda is 25
It’s the Presidents Day weekend. Catch up on all the little bits before you go large with the holiday.
- There’s an Uncharted 2 triple cash weekend running till Tuesday thanks to Presidents Day.
- Impulse is holding an El Presidente Day sale. Sims and strategy games are there for cheap. Via Joystiq.
- An “Urban Camouflage” PS3 Bluetooth headset is shipping “soon”. There’s detail on the PS Blog.
- Fruit Ninja’s sold 6 million units. More on Joystiq.
- Holloywood firms The Sean Daniel Company and Union Entertainment have bought the rights to a Dead Island movie.
- Michigan governor Rick Snyder wants to cap tax incentives to games companies in the state. That’s on Gama.
- Civ V’s about to get a big-assed balancing patch. Get the full thing on RPS, via GamersHell.
- Digital distribution’s a big deal. This Telltale movie says so. Thanks, Joystiq.
- De Blob 2′s Trophies are on Gamefront. Amazing.
- Knights Contract’s Achievements are on Gamefront. Double amazing.
- Eurogamer has posted a guide on how to upgrade your PS3 hard drive.
- The latest Studio Insider post on the SWTOR site talks about building the Sith Temple.
- The Legend of Zelda is 25. IGN has a retrospective. It makes us feel old. You will feel old too.
- ArenaNet has announced that next week will be dedicated to the Norn in Guild Wars 2 on its blog.
- Oh boy: “Games are not the right medium to tell stories. Video games are more about story possibilities,” Will Wright told CNN.
- Gamespot has an extensive hand-on with The Witcher 2. Go have a read.
- GoNintendo has word that if subscribe Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK for £19.99, you’ll get a free copy of Monster Hunter Tri.