PlayStation Move Heroes dev diary focuses on how the game was built

Saturday, 19th February 2011 20:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nihilistic Software has released a developer diary for PlayStation Move Heroes, detailing how the game was “built from the ground up, specifically for the PlayStation Move.”

“We’re excited to give fans an opportunity to experience some of their favorite PlayStation characters in a whole new way through the precision and accuracy of the PlayStation Move system,” said the game’s lead designer Mark Cooke on the US PS Blog.

“We’ve blended some of the familiar weapons, abilities, and character movements from the original games with a fresh new set of motion-controlled mechanics that you’ll only be able to find on the PlayStation Move. For example, one of our favorites in the buzzsaw disc, a new weapon that the heroes fling into space to collect crystals, powers-up and more. But it’s up to the player to steer and navigate the disc while in flight. It’s a joy to fly with the extreme 1:1 precision of the motion controller.”

The game is on March 22 in the US.

1. JimFear-666

he talked about barrel roll… Im sold!

2. jbgames14

I played the demo of this game. It’s pretty cool with the Move. Glad to see more games designed for the Move instead of adding it in as an afterthought.

3. lexph3re

I liked the demo but I won’t buy it day one. I will buy it when my son is 3. So, 3 years then you have my money heros on the move.

4. spiderLAW

Yeah. Killzone 3 is superb with move, i love it. Sports Champion rocks too.
    This looks really fun for kids.

@Lex
    isnt it funny how things have changed so much. I started gaming when i was 2 on the nes. Mario was my first go and i was damn good at it. In fact, i beat the whole game at 2yrs old. Now, my 3, almost 4yr old daughter has a hard time playing the games today so right now she is stuck with playing the emulators i have on her DS. Its crazy!!

5. lexph3re

Dude its super crazy how things are, I’m very glad ps3 came out with move though. Its perfect for my wife and will be perfect for my son. I can’t wait to see him playing this and/or some other move games when he gets bigger.

But, in the meantime ill be playing my games with move.lol after I catch up on my back log of games. Ahhhh the times we live in